Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first two yrs are "bumper to bumper" through Indian,,,,,,,the next 3 yrs are from a third party vendor and only covers "powertrain".

^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^ from my dealer,,,,tried many times to get something in writing [typed,,,photocopied,,,scanned ] from Him,,,,,,even called Indian Consumer affairs.....NOTHING !

Feel free to prove what I have been told is WRONG......I would be GLAD if it was truly a 5 yr Bumper to Bumper
Warranty,,,,,,as was implied in the Promotion.

but why would the dealer tell me otherwise ?...when asked "exactly what does my 5 yr warranty cover" ?????

Merry Christmas
Happy Hanukkah

·
Registered
433 Posts
It is actually a 1 year bumper to bumper and a 4 year extended warranty from an outside coverage company. In years 2-5 it is a $50 deductible. Don't know who told you otherwise.

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Yup... (1) year $0 deduct through Indian and (4) year extended service contract, $50 per occurrence through Polaris. Unltd mileage. Indian/Victory are very clear in stating "powertrain" when that applies.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
No misinformation here. You get the documents with the purchase so you should read them. my sales person went through them with me.

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
Will read it close, but actually never seen a true Bumper to Bumper Warranty on a Motorcycle .. First thing secretly excluded is normal wear items which means clutch and brake components , Including all Cables .. Wheel Bearings are a tossup depending on the Dealer .. Harley does the best extended Service Plan no question.. Owned enough HD's had well over 100 issues with them and 98% were covered where they wouldn't have been with most other Makes & Dealers .. Hopefully Polaris will surprise me this time but sure not counting on it ..

·
Founding member
1,522 Posts
I paid down in November. My mfg. warranty is two years period. No ext. service contract included.

·
Banned
1,841 Posts
................ Owned enough HD's had well over 100 issues with them and 98% were covered where they wouldn't have been with most other Makes & Dealers .. Hopefully Polaris will surprise me this time but sure not counting on it ..
Hopefully we won't have that many issues with our Indians.o_O

·
Registered
765 Posts
With today's vehicles, my biggest concern is the electronics more that the mechanicals. All that computer stuff that can go poof in an instant cost's big bucks to replace. I can fix mechanical.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
My impression from my 2014 chieftain was 1 year factory then 4 years with $50 deductible. I took the 14 for that reason but I thought it was more than engine/transmission. I know that extended warrantee from triple A was $25 deductible and everything covered but normal maintenance. I think before everyone gets too excited we see what happens with issues after the first year. I also have maintenance package with my deal for the first 6 services. I am not sure why they tear the whole bike apart at 15000 to change oil in front forks but I am not sure that after riding it I would have made a different decision. I expect they want to keep selling bikes so if there is a factory issue they will take care of it.

I have heard that someone in Miami blew up an engine by a tech and that his warrantee was voided. It had to do with something he put in engine for oil or additives. If someone knows about warrantee refusals it would be good info in the future for conversation. Otherwise let's enjoy these things with the hope that there is good faith in the warrantee on real issues.......

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
http://www.indianmotorcycle.co.uk/fileadmin/templates/ind_MY15/pdf/warranty-uk.pdf

The extended warrantee in Europe is on web site. It does include electronics other than bulbs. I see where it excludes consumable stuff which makes sense. I can also understand clutch plates depending on rider so it may only be an argument if they see general failures for manufacturing but they have done this a long time.

·
Registered
29 Posts
1/4 years have been that way for 15 years. Anyone that doesn't get a copy of any paperwork they pay for should walk out the door. When I bought my '99 I bought the extended and the dealer said I didn't need the paperwork I made it clear, I pay for it I get it. Down the road I needed the trans upgrade and when Lloyd looked it up my dealer never registered my extended(he wasn't the only dealer back then). I gave Lloyd a copy of my paperwork and Lloyd faxed it to Victory and everything worked out. I ALWAYS carry a copy of the extended warranty on the bike so I have it anywhere in the country.
Victory warranty and the extended warranty have served me well in the last 15 years. Some claims denied but when I presented the facts to the company all worked out for me. Victory and good dealers/mechs have always taken care of me over the years. I believe Indian will be the same.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts