Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all ,
order a scout , but I am 6'2 and about 350pounds I had a Honda VT750 Aero does any one know if this is bigger or smaller than Scout?
Thanks

·
Registered
430 Posts
Oh goodness, I dont think anyone can answer that unless theyve ridden the VT750. I would think the scout is lower than the VT but is wider in the seat. As for size, the scout is probably bigger.

Your best bet is to call a dealer. Good luck to you.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I checked the specs and the Scout is a little heavier then the VT750. But other then that almost the same expect the seat height. 750 is 29 in and the Scout is 25.

·
Registered
361 Posts
The OP question made me curious, so I pulled up trade press photos of both bikes to compare. It looks to me like it's something of a wash when it comes to official specs. Where I see the difference is in riding position. It looks to me like there is more horizontal distance between the foot peg location and the center of the rider seat on the Scout, which translates to a more relaxed position for the rider (esp a tall rider) on the Scout. My current ride is a Magna, and one of the thing I noticed immediately was the much more comfortable position of the foot pegs.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I used to own a vt750.

If you are comfortable on the shadow, you should be fine on the scout.

im 6'1" 280

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,112 Posts
I'm 5'10", 230 lbs. My wife had a Shadow Aero when I had my V Star 1300. I felt like I was on a scooter every time I rode hers. I didn't feel that way when I test rode a Scout. And there is NO comparison when it comes to performance, the Scout will easily blow a Shadow away. I would not be happy riding a Shadow, but I would be happy riding a Scout.

But as others have said, everyone is different. You may sit on a Scout and hate it right off. Or you may hate it after a test ride... but I doubt it. Still the only way to know for sure is to visit your dealer or a Motorcycle show and try it out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Woods,

If I understand your question, the Indian Scout is comparable to the VT750, primarily, in seat height, bike weight and gas capacity... when it's rolling, you will notice a huge difference, since the Scout has 1138 cc's versus the Honda's 745 cc's. With .4" lower to Indian, 2 lbs. added weight to Indian, .4 gals extra fuel to Honda,... now take the Indian's increased HP and add a 6-speed transmission & you have a much different ride.

In terms of looks and tradition, that's a personal call.

I'm 6'4" and 270, I like the Scout much better than the VT 750... it deliver so much more in the long run & give me the comfort of a low seat height!

When/if you get a Scout, let me know your thoughts!
Mark

·
Registered
83 Posts
Sorry to necro the thread, but incase anyone else google's this thread, here's my answer.

I'm 6'1 300lbs, and I have to say the bike feels a little bit small.. buuuut, the bike absolutely didn't care. It rode smooth, and takes off like a champ! The only thing I would do is extend the pegs and seat. Honestly, I really don't care what others think I look like riding, the bike is for my enjoyment, not theirs.. and I'd be glad I could do my part to make someone else smile.

·
Original member / Distinguished
5,818 Posts
Sorry to necro the thread, but incase anyone else google's this thread, here's my answer.

I'm 6'1 300lbs, and I have to say the bike feels a little bit small.. buuuut, the bike absolutely didn't care. It rode smooth, and takes off like a champ! The only thing I would do is extend the pegs and seat. Honestly, I really don't care what others think I look like riding, the bike is for my enjoyment, not theirs.. and I'd be glad I could do my part to make someone else smile.
There ya go. It's none of their darn business anyway. Everyone needs to ride what they like and feel 100% comfortable with. Far too many get something just because that's what the people around them have. That's the wrong way and many then find it difficult to keep up with their buds. That Scout will never complain.

Reactions: Tabernash

·
Registered
14 Posts
I see this subject pops up every so often, figure this old thread has a good overall title. Went on a ride with the local Harley HOG's this weekend, had alot of fun but most importantly they had some dedicated camera crew. It's pretty rare that there's ever pictures of me especially on the bike so here's a bunch of the group for you to flip through. They'll give a good reference point of how all sorts of bodies look on different size bikes. I'm 6'1" tall torso/ average legs 300lbs. I had just installed the Indian extended reach seat and Love it! Huge difference! A few of them were tripping because everyone expects the scout to be the same size as a sportster, as you can see it's not.
Update The link doesn't work, so here's a shot of just me. Bike sits low but the frame is comfortable.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts