Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Rider
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like BMW has bought a controlling interest in HD, dumped a lot of the top brass and has plans to put BMW's in every Harley showroom. They hope to double their {BMW} market share from 4 to 8%. This has to be the biggest news in our industry in decades and it will be fun to see how it all shakes out... so what does everyone think about this?

o_O o_O o_O

·
Bronze member
2,127 Posts
Link to the article please

LOL!

·
Rider
992 Posts
Looks like BMW has bought a controlling interest in HD, dumped a lot of the top brass and has plans to put BMW's in every Harley showroom. They hope to double their {BMW} market share from 4 to 8%. This has to be the biggest news in our industry in decades and it will be fun to see how it all shakes out... so what does everyone think about this?

o_O o_O o_O
Do you work for the NYTs? Sounds like FAKE NEWS!:rolleyes:

·
Rider
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The newest issue of BMW Magazine goes into detail. Simply Googling the topic brings up a lot of articles. Believe it or don't, makes no difference to me.

😜

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
Another April 1st article where Kawasaki buys HD.

What we need is an article telling of how HD bought out Polaris and will continue production of all Indian bikes in place of their current models.

·
Rider
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
OK, OK... The new, as in April first issue of BMW Owners News has the article. My next door neighbor {who still owns my old BMW R80 RT told me about it and I just went next door to read it for myself. One of my first clues that this is a scam Aprils Fools story was a quote from BMW Exec Wolfgang Snitzelhagandaz then there was a quote from Hans Gruber. Boy did I get hosed!

:eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Guys this article appears on BMW forums in 2011. Something is not right with this. Do a Google search and see what you find, only forums no news articles.

·
Silver member
5,026 Posts
HD baggers will now come with the saddle bags full of Bavarian pretzels, free.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Was looking forward to seeing that Boxer motor in a Road King. LoL

Reactions: MilwDave and HINK

·
Registered
1,073 Posts

o_O o_O o_O

There is an HD dealership out here in Temecula CA. One side is HD and the other side is BMW.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts