Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you with the bbk do you experience a lot of vibration vs the 111? Is it still good for long distance rides? I’m having a case of over analysis paralysis after reading other threads. I am leaning towards the kit and would appreciate feedback from 116 riders. Thanks much

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
The tricky part is in the tuning. The kit is fine. Get a PV3 for sure. Fuel Moto will help you get things where you like them as far as timing and fuel adjustments. These adjustments figure large in the amount of power delivered and in the rideability of the bike.
I know of quite a few reports that these have been smooth. Mine required a bit of work, and it was harsh with the Polaris flash straight from the dealership.

I rarely run more than 1 or 2 hundred miles at a time, I really do love the bike with the extra power. If you primarily cruise the freeway and don't need or desire the surplus power (such as the BBK can deliver), there is no question that the stock 111 is already a winner.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
A thought, many of the dealers (if not all), should have a demo for you to get a good feel of before making the expensive leap.

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
The tricky part is in the tuning. The kit is fine. Get a PV3 for sure. Fuel Moto will help you get things where you like them as far as timing and fuel adjustments. These adjustments figure large in the amount of power delivered and in the rideability of the bike.
I know of quite a few reports that these have been smooth. Mine required a bit of work, and it was harsh with the Polaris flash straight from the dealership.

I rarely run more than 1 or 2 hundred miles at a time, I really do love the bike with the extra power. If you primarily cruise the freeway and don't need or desire the surplus power (such as the BBK can deliver), there is no question that the stock 111 is already a winner.
I normally agree with you 110%. I have the 116 and no fuel controller and kitty cat still in place.
Other than increased power and a little louder, I have noticed no other changes except 1. It has a little less lope than it did with the stage 2 cams.

I'm sorry to contradict you because I do see you as the best source of info on this thread!!!!

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
I normally agree with you 110%. I have the 116 and no fuel controller and kitty cat still in place.
Other than increased power and a little louder, I have noticed no other changes except 1. It has a little less lope than it did with the stage 2 cams.

I'm sorry to contradict you because I do see you as the best source of info on this thread!!!!
Every bike and install can be different... no worries!

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,312 Posts
For a lot less money just do a cam change. The Stage Two is ok with a mild power increase with buckets of torque. Lloydz 558 cams will give you more and still have buckets of torque. The Lloydz 585 is more radical with higher lift and should have beefier valve springs installed. The 585 will give you the biggest power increase with more top end rush. A good tune is reccomended with the Lloydz cams.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts

I am sure that the correct disclaimer is simply this: Your results may vary!
I have spent quite a bit of time on this machine at two different very competent dealership service departments. In that process a large amount of commentary was had regarding numerous other installs experiencing similar (and varying) troubles. There was no explanation available as to why there is such a range of variance. Is it a difference in the ECM programming across different bikes? Perhaps... or maybe other variables come into play.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the replies I have ridden the demo and loved it. Reading other thread on 111 power it appears to have some stalling and vibration problems. I will likely get a tune but that is more money right up front. So can I go riding right out of the gate with it? Indian releases a bbk with a tune that gets such mixed reviews. What can I expect to pay for tuner from fuel Moto with tunes?
Is a tuner with preloaded as good as a dyno? With Craig B I understand you can tweak as needed. With a dyno do you get it done and leave and hope or is it more$$ every time you go back?

I’ve studied the cam route and I know I would probably do this eventually anyway. I also have warranty till 2021.

Thanks again with the details!

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
Your dealership can install the 116 and their own flash (stock tune) to maintain your warranty. The other options may open issues, but confirm details with your dealer.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
On the question about aftermarket vs. Polaris factory tunes... Yes you can take it straight out of your dealership ready to ride. Chances are good you will not have problems. Some of us create our own problems, and some of us obviously just have bad luck.

Fuel Moto will support you well with their product when you are ready or if you need/want a custom tune installed.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
For those of you with the bbk do you experience a lot of vibration vs the 111? Is it still good for long distance rides? I’m having a case of over analysis paralysis after reading other threads. I am leaning towards the kit and would appreciate feedback from 116 riders. Thanks much
I would say it’s about the same.....

mark

1 - 11 of 11 Posts