Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Founding member / Distinguished
3,696 Posts
I think doing that kit on a Sixty would make for a nice "sleeper" bike.

·
3,696 Posts
Just saying the lower price of the Sixty could make the Big Bore Kit not such a big deal cost-wise.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
That's nuts lol. Never been on the scout and thought it needed more power.
Granted, I'm extremely new riding a Scout (Bobber), but I absolutely agree. When riding today, I felt I was going very fast (speed limit 70 on I-95 with extra wind factor yesterday and no windshield), but the bike's motor seemed like it was telling me "Really? That's all you want to do? Ok then..."

·
Registered
99 Posts
I’m afraid of sacrificing reliability for power that I’ve don’t feel is necessary on my Scout. To me, I’d rather have better suspension and braking, and stick with more standard power mods like an exhaust, air filter & tune. That’s just my personal opinion though.

·
Rider
849 Posts
I’m afraid of sacrificing reliability for power that I’ve don’t feel is necessary on my Scout. To me, I’d rather have better suspension and braking, and stick with more standard power mods like an exhaust, air filter & tune. That’s just my personal opinion though.
i kind of feel the same...

the Bobber "typically" makes @ 80-83whp and 55-60wtq at the tire...

80whp on a bike that makes its peak power @ 7000rpms with a seat that arguably has zero support to keep you from sliding off the back of it, is scary enough for me HAHAHA !!!

couldn't imagine having 20-30 more whp on tap...

oh, and the whole "we have a kit, but you can really only tune it on the dyno by 3 people who are scattered across the country" is a bit disheartening...

but hey, maybe if the Bobber wasn't already making 100hp, we would have never bought the thing to begin with...

i honestly don't think any Bobber owners feels as if they need more power...

i could, however, see some Bobber owners having a wish list of 90wtq @ 3500rpms, but that's asking a bit much since it would require an entire rework of the engine...

·
Registered
99 Posts
i kind of feel the same...

the Bobber "typically" makes @ 80-83whp and 55-60wtq at the tire...

80whp on a bike that makes its peak power @ 7000rpms with a seat that arguably has zero support to keep you from sliding off the back of it, is scary enough for me HAHAHA !!!

couldn't imagine having 20-30 more whp on tap...

oh, and the whole "we have a kit, but you can really only tune it on the dyno by 3 people who are scattered across the country" is a bit disheartening...

but hey, maybe if the Bobber wasn't already making 100hp, we would have never bought the thing to begin with...

i honestly don't think any Bobber owners feels as if they need more power...

i could, however, see some Bobber owners having a wish list of 90wtq @ 3500rpms, but that's asking a bit much since it would require an entire rework of the engine...
Agreed, I’ve never felt the Bobber “lacking” in power, now if you could get me 90 ft-lbs at the rear wheel I might reconsider that reliability...

·
Rider
849 Posts
Agreed, I’ve never felt the Bobber “lacking” in power, now if you could get me 90 ft-lbs at the rear wheel I might reconsider that reliability...
So are we starting a wish list now ??

100hp at 7000rpms
100tq at 3500rpms

Oooofffffff !!!!! ;)

·
3,696 Posts
I was just thinking lower cost Sixty to put the big bore into. The whole thing when done would be more motor for less overall cost.

·
Rider
849 Posts
I was just thinking lower cost Sixty to put the big bore into. The whole thing when done would be more motor for less overall cost.
Don't forget to factor in the lack of warranty and less-than-straight-forward tuning situation...

The second thing is tricky and can lead to a costly first thing...

RP should sell their own ECU's with the kit [shifty]

·
Registered
115 Posts
About to order mine I think. Hitting 140mph in about 12 seconds isn't fast enough.

·
Registered
99 Posts
About to order mine I think. Hitting 140mph in about 12 seconds isn't fast enough.
I’m going to need proof of this lol. Haven’t taken my Bobber that high, but my 600rr ran 127 (I believe) with an 11 second 1/4. I have trouble believing my Bobber could come close to that..

·
Registered
816 Posts
Curious why the same engine displacement on a Sixty nets less power.
I thought the only differences between the Scout and the Scout Sixty were displacement and compression?

EDIT: Better question: what are the remaining differences after making them both the same engine?

·
Registered
115 Posts
I’m going to need proof of this lol. Haven’t taken my Bobber that high, but my 600rr ran 127 (I believe) with an 11 second 1/4. I have trouble believing my Bobber could come close to that..
I’m tuned with an S&S intake. I’ve smacked a few 600s... but that time was the roughest of estimates lol. I’m hoping to get out to the track soon. This little thing scoots

·
Rider
849 Posts
your bike would need a helluva lot of power to hit 140 in the 1/4 mile.

we're talking about 200+hp and 180+tq...140 is silly fast...

however, breaking into the 11's with this bike shouldn't be hardest thing ever - trap speeds for an 11.9 on this bike would be @ 112-115mph...

1 - 20 of 81 Posts