Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have bought the big bore kit and I’ve decided not to proceed with it. To return it I have a restock fee so I’m looking to get most of my money back. 2500$ firm does not include shipping. Local pick up available in Mass.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Same as PE4CE, I'm interested depending on when the kit was made. Proof of this would make me seriously interested. Another requirement for me would be that it is 'new in box'/ never installed. I'm also local, in Newton, MA.

Reactions: 17NDNSTL

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
Yeah early kit, not so much. Later kit, bring it on. I believe the parts #s changed.

·
Rider
431 Posts
Older kits have stock Rods and Indian since updated stock connecting rods and believe valve spring too. you’re better off returning it taking 20% off what your paid for it since origin price back 2017 was just shy of 2,000 dollars plus installation. Prices for 2019 116 kits they moved price to $2749.99.

You be lucky to get $1200 for your kit considering some upgraded item need

CP Carrillo H-Beam Connecting Rods | LLOYD'Z Motor Workz

Connecting rod from carrillo cost $880 dollars and don’t forget might need get crankshaft balanced too .

IF Indian will swap you parts need (connecting rods & other parts) in trade you might be able recover the full 2k you paid .

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
Two different kits in the recently available options... the one for 2019s should be less expensive because the intake manifold and valve springs are not needed in the 2019 engine (they are already upgraded). The kit for older 111s will have the additional pieces mentioned. ALL BBKs must now have the replacement Carillo connecting rods. Polaris did a full recall of all kits for this upgrade. If someone held one back, Polaris should still honor the replacement/update of that kit.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
The part number is 2884062 . Description K-ST3,IND116
2884062 is the correct kit for pre-2019 TS111 engines... it is priced the same as the 2019 kit - (I do not see any common-sense in that detail.)
Polaris appears to be out of stock on this and their site says that it will be available in September. They also say the newer kit (with fewer parts) will not be available until February 2020. I see no logical sense in this presentation... must be something else cooking behind the scenes. Who in their right mind would choose to pay the same $$$ for LESS? Can someone shed some light on this?

·
Bronze member
3,066 Posts
probably using the newer kits (for the 19's) or should I say lack of kits for production... probably won't have enough inventory until about Feb 2020 when the second run of production for the 2020's will be about wrapping up..

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
probably using the newer kits (for the 19's) or should I say lack of kits for production... probably won't have enough inventory until about Feb 2020 when the second run of production for the 2020's will be about wrapping up..
That would explain something about the supply shortfall... But says nothing I can discern about pricing and strategy unless they are changing the parts again or are having compliance issues with their flash.

·
Bronze member
3,066 Posts
I think you are over thinking this.... the cynical part of me is what I'm going by... you don't have a choice.. you want a big bore for your 19 you pay the price.. unless of course the non-cynical part of me says the 19 111 big bore kits in the future are going to get the new heads too.. but when in doubt go with what makes corporate more money.. same price, less parts, no choice..

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had the BBK installed in January and put a little over 4000 miles on the engine and last week it blew a valve spring. It was the new kit but not sure if the kits had the new high lift valve springs in them? Part # 7045087. Does anyone know?

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
What year is your bike? In all cases, the BBK is intended to be installed with the high-lift valve springs. That does not mean that the dealer used the correct kit for your engine, and it does not mean that they actually changed out the springs.
In my 2017, they used the correct kit, and returned the stock springs to me - proof. The new kits for the 2019 (and newer) bikes did not include the valve springs because that range of engines already came stock with the proper springs. Newer kit installed in older engine could explain a deficiency.

·
Registered
23 Posts
2015 Chief Classic. I would of felt better had the shop gave me all the parts that were removed. I’m fairly certain the spring were not the high lift because of the timing of the whole thing. The latest springs came out in 2019 and the kit was installed in January and most likely had been sitting on the dealers shelf for a while.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
I had the BBK installed in January and put a little over 4000 miles on the engine and last week it blew a valve spring. It was the new kit but not sure if the kits had the new high lift valve springs in them? Part # 7045087. Does anyone know?
Pictures and elaboration please... This valve-spring problem has been experienced and reported by others, more factual information can help us all.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts