Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm throwing around the idea of buying a 111 and doing a build. I'm thinking 121 kit with carrillo rods and a crank balance. New cam chain tensioner and valve spring upgrade obviously. Not sure which cams though. I'd like to have [email protected] do the heads again. I wonder if bigger valves are a possibility? Any other interesting ideas?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Bronze member
1,287 Posts
I have an engine for you sitting on my bench, PM me and we can work a deal!

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Talked with Todd from Libertyville. They have nothing for heads or cams. Waiting for info from lloydz. Anybody know if Crestone is actually grinding cams yet?

·
Bronze member
1,287 Posts
Talked with Todd from Libertyville. They have nothing for heads or cams. Waiting for info from lloydz. Anybody know if Crestone is actually grinding cams yet?

Send an Email to Jeff up there to find out. I think I might have his email address. If I do I'll PM it to you.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I’ve thinking about doing the same, might wait to see what the 126 has to offer and the price difference. Along with the new .610 lift cams I’m sure it will be an expensive build even if you do it yourself.

·
Bronze member
1,829 Posts

Definately some backtracking from Libertyville. I know 2 members that put their cams in; at least Libertyville required new springs, unlike Lloydz.

·
Silver member
4,572 Posts

No, not at this time. We talked about it the other day. I would give Jeff a shout on the cams for that build, he would be a good resource on that discussion.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I’ve thinking about doing the same, might wait to see what the 126 has to offer and the price difference. Along with the new .610 lift cams I’m sure it will be an expensive build even if you do it yourself.
I've not heard of any of this. Link?

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, not at this time. We talked about it the other day. I would give Jeff a shout on the cams for that build, he would be a good resource on that discussion.
You involved with that project? They seem to have had heads for a while, what's the holdup?

·
Silver member
4,572 Posts
You involved with that project? They seem to have had heads for a while, what's the holdup?

Not with Libertyville. Jeff from Crestone for cams.

Todd from Libertyville showed me the head castings a while back, it will be a nice product if it comes to fruition.

I assume the 121 kit is from Lloyd’z They used to require they do the engine work, has that changed?

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not with Libertyville. Jeff from Crestone for cams.

Todd from Libertyville showed me the head castings a while back, it will be a nice product if it comes to fruition.

I assume the 121 kit is from Lloyd’z They used to require they do the engine work, has that changed?
I see.
Yes lloydz. Assuming he'll share the specs with me, I would have to send them jugs to be sleeved. The case also needs opened up to fit them but they sell a tool for that.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I've not heard of any of this. Link?

No, no link unfortunately. I followed a live video he did on Facebook and he mentioned that he is the works of a 126 kit with .610 cams. I’m sure the lift is higher then that like the 585s are. Case still needs to drilled out but they do have a jig for that as well.

·
Rider
879 Posts
Definately some backtracking from Libertyville. I know 2 members that put their cams in; at least Libertyville required new springs, unlike Lloydz.
You should replace the springs with the Lloydz cams as well. There's a thread on here where a lot of people are having spring failures.

·
Silver member
4,572 Posts
No, no link unfortunately. I followed a live video he did on Facebook and he mentioned that he is the works of a 126 kit with .610 cams. I’m sure the lift is higher then that like the 585s are. Case still needs to drilled out but they do have a jig for that as well.
The Arsenal cam they provided with their 117" kit is suppose to be pretty good. I can't remember how they stacked up to the 585, hoping @Crestone can jump in since he has/had a couple. Might be impossible to find one now though.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Arsenal cam they provided with their 117" kit is suppose to be pretty good. I can't remember how they stacked up to the 585, hoping @Crestone can jump in since he has/had a couple. Might be impossible to find one now though.
Crestone built the arsenal cam?
I think Libertyville was using Andrews built cams.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I peeked at the website, they still offer the 117 and the head work ? Looked very simalar to the arsenal website. Crestone looks like have some nice cams to choose from tho.

·
Silver member
4,572 Posts
Crestone built the arsenal cam?
I think Libertyville was using Andrews built cams.

No, Crestone was offering to build the Arsenal 117" kit for folks and had several of their kits. He knows their cam, which S&S supplied. You are correct on the Libertyville ones.

·
Silver member
4,572 Posts
I peeked at the website, they still offer the 117 and the head work ? Looked very simalar to the arsenal website. Crestone looks like have some nice cams to choose from tho.
They have a kit left I believe. Their cams would of worked well if he could get them ground.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts