Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all,

I broke in the new Roadmaster on a ride from Las Cruces to Big Bend Texas with a bunch of Indian Riding friends. When I left home the odometer had an intresting mileage....

It was 350 miles to Big Bend from Las Cruces NM. We took I 10 to Fort Stockton then South to Marfa, then Alpine and further South to Terlinguia. We got there with enough daylight to cruise about 60 miles of the park. My odometer was at just over 500 miles. I brought a throw down oil pan, tools and an oil change kit. I changed the oil in the motel parking lot and gave the old oil in to a gass station.

I took it easy on the way down. I kept the RPM under 2800 and varied the speed from 45 on the back roade to 75 on I-10. I used all the gears. The temp was low, 52 to 55F which probably helps with a gentle break in.

The bike is once again AMAZING I am forever spoiled. I have never even riden a bike this nice much less owned one. Comfort is the best handling is great. The lowers, heated grips and seat windshield and the radio.

The next day we cruised the whole park. My pictures do not do the place justice.

From right to left Ed's Springfield, my Roadmaster, Dave's Chieftan, Georges Springfield adn Danielle's Scout. All bikes riden from Las Cruces or El Paso. No trailers here!

This is the in the town of Terlinguia..

My Roadmaster with two Springfields.

Old Clay Henry's place in Lajitas.

The ride home Monday was COLD!!

Terlinguia started out at 57. When we got to Alpine it was 30F and flurries. The sun came out toward Marfa BUT the wind picked up considerable. I have to say this bike did great in some helacious cross winds. Even with a 5 gallon gass tank straped behind me. TOTALY UNNECESSARY (BTW despite what others say about this area being a lawless wasteland with no gass, law and bandits everywhere you will be just fine)

The heated seat, grips and lowers were very welcome. We stopped frequently, every 75 to 100 miles, gassed up, warmed up and got coffee. We had a little snow squall in Las Cruces when I got into town. The trip was great and the bike performed flawlessly. 350 miles back home.

BROKEN IN!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Hello all,

I broke in the new Roadmaster on a ride from Las Cruces to Big Bend Texas with a bunch of Indian Riding friends. When I left home the odometer had an intresting mileage....

It was 350 miles to Big Bend from Las Cruces NM. We took I 10 to Fort Stockton then South to Marfa, then Alpine and further South to Terlinguia. We got there with enough daylight to cruise about 60 miles of the park. My odometer was at just over 500 miles. I brought a throw down oil pan, tools and an oil change kit. I changed the oil in the motel parking lot and gave the old oil in to a gass station.

I took it easy on the way down. I kept the RPM under 2800 and varied the speed from 45 on the back roade to 75 on I-10. I used all the gears. The temp was low, 52 to 55F which probably helps with a gentle break in.

The bike is once again AMAZING I am forever spoiled. I have never even riden a bike this nice much less owned one. Comfort is the best handling is great. The lowers, heated grips and seat windshield and the radio.

The next day we cruised the whole park. My pictures do not do the place justice.

From right to left Ed's Springfield, my Roadmaster, Dave's Chieftan, Georges Springfield adn Danielle's Scout. All bikes riden from Las Cruces or El Paso. No trailers here!

This is the in the town of Terlinguia..

My Roadmaster with two Springfields.

Old Clay Henry's place in Lajitas.

The ride home Monday was COLD!!

Terlinguia started out at 57. When we got to Alpine it was 30F and flurries. The sun came out toward Marfa BUT the wind picked up considerable. I have to say this bike did great in some helacious cross winds. Even with a 5 gallon gass tank straped behind me. TOTALY UNNECESSARY (BTW despite what others say about this area being a lawless wasteland with no gass, law and bandits everywhere you will be just fine)

The heated seat, grips and lowers were very welcome. We stopped frequently, every 75 to 100 miles, gassed up, warmed up and got coffee. We had a little snow squall in Las Cruces when I got into town. The trip was great and the bike performed flawlessly. 250 miles back home.

BROKEN IN!!

Love the pics. Keep em coming this winter because that’s all some of us will have till spring. Glad your loving the new RM!

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
Glad you enjoyed your Ride down to the Big Bend Country, beautiful Bike you have.

Yes, the Big Bend Country is a great riding area and a safe area, we Ride there a few times a year from the Texas Hill Country.

>---------> >---------> >--------->

Live Free - Ride Hard - Die Well

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
Very nice... you can't really complain much about the cold though - many of us are already snowed under for the season!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts