Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I brought my fist Indian last year from Ridenow Powersports in Concord NC. My problem is I’ve had it in the shop five times, 2 times for recall notices. My main problem is the running light on the left side keeps burning out, it’s happened 4 times, unusual for a brand new bike. The first 2 times, they replace the bulb. This time they charged me. The last time they didn’t connect all the electrical lines back and this time, they didn’t put my backrest back on and I had to tell them to put it back on. At present, I’m not to happy with their service department!!!

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
Maybe time for a different service dept.? You might also consider LED replacements - less susceptible to vibration failures.

·
Bronze member
1,614 Posts
If you put LEDs in make sure you get resistors put in so they aren’t getting to much juice.
This was only an issue on the 2014 bikes. There was an update to the ECM (non-flashable) in 2015 that solved the problem. LED lights are plug-n-play for all bikes since then.

·
Bronze member
1,842 Posts
I had the same problem with my 2016. Right running light burned out within 150 miles of operation. The bulb was replaced. 150 miles later it blew again. Service department found the wires were switched between lamps and swapped them. No problems 6000 miles later.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Try rolling down to Indian of Charlotte in Lowell, I didn't have a good experience with Ride Now in Concord and said I would never go back there.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Customer service is a pet peeve of mine, Wendy's drive through today is a perfect example. That said the crew at Coastal Indian in Murrells Inlet (Myrtle Beach) are the epitome of good customer service, just sayin.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts