Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I despise the lights on my Chieftain. They are weak and can be outridden an night at even moderate speeds. I had the factory LED light kit done, and they are no better. I love the light on my Victory Cross Country. Had the HID lights put in and they are Amazing. Are there any HID lights available for Indian Chieftains? Really hate driving at night with these crappy factory lights. Yes, I tried aiming them, and using high beams, they just suck...

Reactions: Jim59

·
Registered
225 Posts
There is a thread on how to improve your headlights and fog lights cheaply if you search for it. I replaced my Chieftain lights with Sylvania Silver Star lights and it was literally a night and day difference, and only cost about $40.00 total. I have since traded the Chieftain for RM and now have LED's which are much better than the standard Chieftain bulbs. Before spending a lot of money I would try the Sylvania lights, they worked well for me.

·
Bronze member
1,257 Posts
I replaced my Headlight with the Kuryakyn Phase 7 and love it. It is not the factory Phase 7 LED from the RM's and doesnt have the little Indian script, however it was expensive, and I ride over 100 miles at night so I needed the light. I adjusted the light up a tad and on bright I can see over 200 yrds. Oncoming traffic does not like it when I hit the brights. The factory Chieftain headlight sux. as mentioned above there are threads about which lights work and the cheap update.

·
Registered
134 Posts
There is a thread on how to improve your headlights and fog lights cheaply if you search for it. I replaced my Chieftain lights with Sylvania Silver Star lights and it was literally a night and day difference, and only cost about $40.00 total. I have since traded the Chieftain for RM and now have LED's which are much better than the standard Chieftain bulbs. Before spending a lot of money I would try the Sylvania lights, they worked well for me.
I installed them on my Chieftain, headlight and driving lights and they are great!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Haven't had a chance to ride at night and really don't like to, but that being said where do you get the Sylvania Silver Star replacements - I have a Daymaker on my CVO HD and it is Awesome

·
Bronze member
1,876 Posts
Linky dink anyone. I saw the other thread and it look like they had the blue tint to them I do not like any of the bulb that have the tint to them I want clear or white flights the shine bright. I already made the move and spent the extra hot dollar money which I probably didn't have to do after reading all this. But I got the vision X and it does a good job I actually expected a little bit better but it's a whole lot better than the stock OEM that was on my Roadmaster

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
installed mine to day and wow what a big dif!! white as white can be and much brighter! 100 well worth spent
jusayun you just dont realize how yellow oem,s are til you install one fog and look gheezers
Sylvania Silver Star? How Much? Pics? How easy/difficult to install?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
lil over 100, theres a vid on install, very easy and fit!
wanna go for a night ride but its been raining for 2 days and still is
Which ones did you get? There are several levels in the Silver Star line. Did you get just the high and low beams, or did you also get the left and right (fog?) lights also?

I like the idea of the HID like option. Love my HID on my Victory...

Text Font Material property Technology Screenshot

Reactions: Jim59

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
For the record, I'm also considering real HIDs from XenonDepot. Pricier, but I want/need great light at night. Not just "White", but it needs to throw a respectable distance, as well as spread well on the road.

Product Web page Font Technology Website

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Registered
103 Posts
I read this to the end of the thread. Several folks say they have lost one or two bombs in 6 to 8 months. At $50 a pop, that can get expensive, quick...
It's actually $40 ish for a pack of two with a one year warranty. If you purchase from O'Reilly's save your reciept and they'll warranty it in store and walk out with new bulbs.

Steve

·
Bronze member
2,417 Posts
Sylvania Silver Star? How Much? Pics? How easy/difficult to install?
How small are your hands? Need the long ball allen wrench (5mm?) that should have come with the bike and a phillips head screwdriver. Videos are on-line.

·
Bronze member
2,417 Posts
I read this to the end of the thread. Several folks say they have lost one or two bombs in 6 to 8 months. At $50 a pop, that can get expensive, quick...
The OEM bulb in my Springfield blew after 2 months - and it was like driving by candlelight! At least with the Sylvania Silvers I can see the road.

Reactions: KevIndian

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ok next question, can I use the Indian LED fixture and replace the bulbs with Sylvania, or do I have to go back to the stock light fixture? I like the look of the LED glass housing, but I’m not certain the Sylvania bulbs will fit...

1 - 20 of 74 Posts