Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
I have a set of the Indian oem heated grips - they were a freebee when I bought the bike - and I'm not very impressed with the function against the price. Yes, they are slightly larger and they do produce heat but they are very expensive.
My brother and I have fitted the Koso Apollo (Technoglobe in the EU) heated grips on several bikes and they are better. They have a bigger range of heat settings and a discrete control button at half the price! Seek them out. Others on this forum have fitted them too.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hi there PKFFW,
I would generally advise that any heated grips should be wired up through a switched relay to avoid such battery draining problems.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Trunk Automotive exterior

As you may have gathered from other posts, there is a single spade switched power supply already provided by Indian but it's wrapped up in the tape around the main wiring loom that runs next to the battery and supplies the fusebox. Slide the fusebox out of it's holding clip and lift it up. This exposes the underside of the loom.Look for the point at which the three red wires go into the loom from the battery terminal. About an inch further back, look underneath the loom around that point. Be prepared to pull away some of the loom insulation to find it.
That spade can supply a small relay - I use Motogadget solid state relays because they are small and don't need much room.
Circuit component Automotive lighting Audio equipment Wire Electronic component

1 - 2 of 2 Posts