Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 black roadmaster with lrss than 11,000 miles. live in city and dont ride much. .any advise on best wayto sell

·
Rider
1,233 Posts
Do NOT ever disclose address of storage, meet potential buyers at a neutral location, and ALWAYS have your license plate covered until the meet is over and said buyer are gone....ask me how I know
(2 new stolen HD'S from my garage in Saint Paul )
Seller BEWARE!

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
529 Posts
Do NOT ever disclose address of storage, meet potential buyers at a neutral location, and ALWAYS have your license plate covered until the meet is over and said buyer are gone....ask me how I know
(2 new stolen HD'S from my garage in Saint Paul )
Seller BEWARE!

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk
This is kind of the reason that people are willing to just bend over when it comes to trade in value instead of looking for a private sale. Selling stuff on your own is almost always financially better, but way less so on your sanity.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I like using cycle trader. Craigslist had too many scammers last time I used them.

Phil

·
Registered
37 Posts
I use a local motorcycle shop that takes any make bike on consignment. They charge a flat rate feed for the sale and the buyer pays you direct for the negotiated price.

·
Registered
335 Posts
I like Craigslist but have used consignment at a motorcycle shop too. Consignment worked well for me because I travel for work and I’m not home to show the bike or close a deal.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Craigslist now charges fees. I got nothing but scammers from advertising there recently. The latest one so you know is a fake buyer emails you a few times that they are interested, then they say they are ready to buy but want a bike history report and they will give you the link. It’s a scam to get $30 or so out of you. Cycletrader or Chopper exchange are better options. But, I recently sold 2 Harley’s to the local dealer, he was a little lower on one that we wanted, but thousands higher than trade value on the other. It was easy and check in hand. Since all dealers are having trouble getting bikes to sell right now, I would shop it at your 2 closest dealers, you might be surprised.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I use a local motorcycle shop that takes any make bike on consignment. They charge a flat rate feed for the sale and the buyer pays you direct for the negotiated price.
This is the best option, hard to find though. Ask the dealer you bought it from if they are interested?

·
Silver member
5,306 Posts
I have a 2015 black roadmaster with lrss than 11,000 miles. live in city and dont ride much. .any advise on best wayto sell
I agree with all the posts. My two tip are:

1---Don't sell anytihng anymore on Craigslist except a couch or chair or whatever. Craigslist is yesterdays papers. Just look at the layout. They haven't spent anything to improve their platform in years. So big ticket items go elsewhere.

2---And most importantly, once you chat it up via text or e-mail with the potential buyer. Get to a level where they actually talk to you on the telephone. That is the best way to feel them out before you invite them to the highly visible parking lot meet-up, to your work, or to your house to see the bike.

You also have this website for enthusiasts and a buy, sell, trade Indian Facebook page that you can screen the interested buyer from...

·
Senior member / rider
1,623 Posts
Last bike I sold I told perspective buyers; cash only, test ride with cash in my hand, and we meet at local police station. Sale went pretty smoothly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts