Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Best, top of the line, waterproof cover?

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  T-Roy 
#1 ·
I need to cover my scout when not riding it soon and hate the idea of leaving it outside in Florida, but it is the only choice. At least it is only temporary.

Whats the best? 100% waterproof?

#2 ·

Don't flinch at the price, you did ask for "best top of the line" did you not? Have used one for the last 25 years. The clear indoor one I originally had lasted 17 years in my garage before the plastic degraded became brittle and cracked. Bought an external one as it is more durable and harder wearing. Available with a dual charger, one output powers the 12 volt fan the other keeps your battery topped up whilst still inside. Not sure if they do a 110 volt version but could easily be adapted. You can also lay the bike up wet, open the vents and she'll be dry in 20 minutes or so.

Reactions: cleve
#5 ·
I use the Cycle Shell and I live 200 yards from the ocean. My bike stays nice and dry through rain,fog and any storm.

#7 ·
Yes in and out in 30 seconds ride my motorcycle to work everyday and it goes into the cocoon every night

#8 ·
With the Bike Bubble I linked to the bike is parked on a base the bubble zips to the edge of the base all round. Less than a minute to unzip, uncover and away you go. You do not need to completely unzip it, only to get enough slack to uncover the bike. You do of course need a convenient power outlet. Due to the fan incorporated no sweating, no moisture and with the constant positive pressure inside the bubble nothing can get in.

Reactions: chiefdano8
#10 ·
Another vote for the cycle shell. Here are some pictures of my 2013 CVO Road King. It was always housed in a cycle shell right up until I traded it in on the Chieftain last year. So it spent 6 years in a cycle shell. These pictures were taken about one month before I traded it in. I now have 2 Chieftains both in cycle shells. I am building a shop now but they will still be in the cycle shells inside the shop because it is just that easy to get the bike in and out of them.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Motorcycle accessories
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Motorcycle accessories
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Motor vehicle Cruiser
Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Motorcycle accessories

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.