Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen some bikes on the forum where the owners have painted the word "Indian" or "Michelin," and I thought it looked really cool. So I went to the area drug dealer (Amazon) and found many more choices than I was expecting. Most had 3-3.5 stars... with 20-ish percent giving 1 star! So I thought I'd ask the experts (that's all of you!). What's a good tire ink or tire paint for coloring tire letters? Would a white Sharpie or acrylic paint work just as well?

Most tires I've seen used a white paint/ink. Has anyone used silver? Photos would be SAAAweet!

·
Rider
1,197 Posts
I have not tried it. I’ve seen it recommended for antique cars and such on other forums. Generally not recommended for actual full whitewalls, but for filling in brand names & etc.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sharpie paint pen. Bought at Walmart. My daughter did this in about 20 minutes. This pic is a year after she did it. Was selling my Scout 60 moving to a Vintage. Held up well. Thought I would need to touch up once or twice a season.
C3384443-57A1-495D-B1DD-68C201C0C078.jpeg

·
Bronze member
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Excellent inexpensive option! How does it hold up to being washed? Or did you avoid the lettering when cleaning the sidewalls? Looks like it yellowed a little. Did the yellowing happen recently or early on?

Thanks for the picture!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts