Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Vendor / bronze
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of our best selling products is the trunk mount only for the 111 bikes. It has not been listed on our website yet so many people ask for it it has become a regular item. So, duh, we decided to list it. If you want an all black quick release mount for your own trunk or whatever, here it is. The top plate is 1/4" ABS and is easy to drill holes to mount items. This is the 2up version. We also make them for solo set ups. Not on the website yet. LINK: http://www.indianaftermarket.com/thunder-trunk.html (scroll to the bottom)

Branch Black-and-white Metal
Vehicle Motorcycle accessories Tire Automotive tire Automotive exterior

·
Vendor / bronze
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Here is a photo of the solo trunk. Also quick release. We will soon be offering this mount without the trunk also.
Land vehicle Motorcycle Vehicle Cruiser Motorcycle accessories

·
Vendor / bronze
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No it is not predrilled. But all you have to do is mount the bracket on your bike. Then apply masking tape to the area you want holes. Set the trunk or any object you want on the flat plate. It is slippery so you might want to tape it in place. Then mark the holes with a pen. Remove the trunk and drill the holes. If a hole happens to line up with the bracket you can't use a bolt and nut. You can move the trunk or use a screw instead of a bolt.

·
Vendor / bronze
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The flat plate that comes with the DIY bracket is about 11.5" x 19" and can easily be cut down.

·
Vendor / bronze
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
19" wide and 11.5" from front to back. But it is also curved in a little in the middle front. Many trunks are curved in like this to accommodate a passenger.

·
Bronze member
2,126 Posts
@Marcus wow just what I need wanting to mount my Victory trunk to my Chieftain the Indian trunks to small I’m spoiled with the room for touring. Will be ordering one by winter for sure. Thanks it’s gonna make this project a piece of cake! That comes complete with the flip latches included for locking into position I’m assuming

·
Registered
100 Posts
@Marcus will the Thunder Trunk fit with a Corbin Dual touring seat (the one stated to fit WITH indian sissy bar and trunk)?

Also, from watching the video on your website, it looks there is a 12V plug inside the trunk? Is the trunk already wired up to just plug and go?

I've got an 18' Springfield Dark Horse if it matters.

Thanks!

·
Vendor / bronze
3,021 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The quick release Thunder Trunk will fit with any dual seat. I have the Corbin Dual touring on my Springfield. Mine has the extra wide seat and it fits great. There is no wiring in the trunk.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts