Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter HERE for September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up everybody!
So I'm rocking a 2015 Indian Scout for like 2 years now, it's my very first bike and I love it so much I can't let it go!

I just came back from over a 1000 miles ride and there are two things that I need to change IMMEDIATELY:
1- Rear shocks
2- Seat

I've been all around the internet looking for the best rear shocks for the scout, top 3 shocks that I see allot of people talk about are Fox, Progressive 444, and Ohlins.
I'm not that deep into the bikes world yet so I would really appreciate if you guys help me out with the best rear shocks for me beloved Scout.

·
Rider
March 2022 ROTM Winner
2,365 Posts
It is human nature to profess that whatever shocks you have fitted to your machine are the best. Only you can make the final choice. As you have already discovered there are many threads about them. Undoubtedly you would not be disappointed with any of the three you have mentioned. It also depends on styling, piggy-back or not? Not sure if they are available to you but Hagon shocks will build a set to your requirements, riding style and body weight and are very reasonably priced.

Seat, I have a 1920 solo and it is the most comfortable I have experienced in a long while. You do not mention if you need pillion or not! I don’t!

As a footnote I have none of the makes mentioned above but they are the best out there!;):D:D

Wheel Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire Vehicle

• Love
Reactions: A.Tulba

·
Registered
101 Posts
What he said X2

Have a 17 Scout and have Hagons fitted from new- had them for 5 years and to my mind they have done all that could be expected from a shock with 3" travel- even on the often 'sub optimal' UK roads.Are they the 'best'-can't say
My 'game changer' was a Corbin solo seat, just fits/supports my arse so much better than stock. 500-600 mile days are now possible comfortably rather than painful 200 max on stock seat (and I've ridden longer days on hardtailed bikes with an inch of foam on a base;)). Be warned that Corbin seats do move you up/back an inch or so and for me was enough to 'need' Aeromach floorboards for my perfect 'rider triangle'.YMMV

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the classic solo and touring passenger pillion. I don't recall the measurements of geometry change - might be slightly further back (but they build based on your measurements) and slightly lower feeling. Makes me feel more connected to the bike. It's not "soft" but spreads the weight very evenly which is much more comfortable.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the classic solo and touring passenger pillion. I don't recall the measurements of geometry change - might be slightly further back (but they build based on your measurements) and slightly lower feeling. Makes me feel more connected to the bike. It's not "soft" but spreads the weight very evenly which is much more comfortable.
Thanks for the reply. They sure do make a nice looking seat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts