Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my new job requires me to stay there for 48-72 hours at a time. I always garage my bike but if I ride my bike to work there is no covered parking. Don’t want my bike exposed to the Texas sun or rain, etc. What’s the best cover to protect my bike for days at a time. I want the best protection. I have almost 30k in my bike. Cover cost don’t matter. What do you guys recommend? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
864 Posts
Excellent question. Looking forward to responses. I see Indian has a half cover and full cover. Both in black. Since I am looking as well.....

·
Rider
1,064 Posts
I used the Indian full cover for Winter storage, it worked well and goes to the floor, it's a bit bulky and bit of a pain to get on/off, but its a great cover specifically designed for the Chieftain and fits very well...it might be a good option for you?

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I used the Indian full cover for Winter storage, it worked well and goes to the floor, it's a bit bulky and bit of a pain to get on/off, but its a great cover specifically designed for the Chieftain and fits very well...it might be a good option for you?

Sent from my SM-S903VL using Tapatalk

Do you know if the cover fits in one of the saddle bags

·
Banned
4,925 Posts
3-4 years ago I got one of these. I do not leave the bike outside so I can't say how good it is for rain but the site says it is water resistant. What I like about the cover is that it is breathable,and has a soft inner liner that won't mess with the paint or chrome. Seems durable too. It will roll up and fit in a saddle bag. I'd buy another just like this one if I needed a cover again.

·
Premium Member
535 Posts

·
Rider
1,064 Posts
Do you know if the cover fits in one of the saddle bags
Yes it fits in saddlebags, that how I brought mine home this Spring.

They do advise the Chieftain be clean and free of dirt before putting the cover on

·
Registered
61 Posts
CycleShell.com. is what I have. I keep my bike under my carport. Like a baby carriage with a floor. If money is no object and you're not talking about a roll up and toss in bag. If roll up bag is all you want, many choices but you have to wait for the bike to cool down, then strong winds chaffing against your paint, etc. Also depends on your company. Leave a VM on 978-502-0174 if you want to ask me about it. Brian

1 - 9 of 9 Posts