Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm Christmas shopping already. I want to buy my wife some riding boots. Most women's boots have tall heels and look like they were designed more for sex appeal than function. That might be great for a woman on back, but my wife rides her own bike, and heck, she's sexy enough!!
She needs a boot that offers traction, ankle support, and quality leather. And as much as we get off the bike and hike, comfortable to walk distances in. There are a lot of men's boots that have all that but they don't go down to a size 5.
Any help?

·
Premium Member
1,817 Posts
My wife says women's boots must be designed by men who think they know what a woman wants.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've got 2 pairs of Harley boots that are great for riding. The pairs I have only have the Harley logo in black indented in the leather not a metal logo so no one knows the brand. I actually went to the Harley store to figure out my size and then found some cheaper on Ebay. I've also tried Milwaukee boots but they hurt the back of my ankles. They are heavy after walking for a while which makes them not great for long walks. I've also read several people who really like Dr Martens for riding and they are lighter. I bought a pair of those also and am working on breaking them in. All of these are combat boot types so no heels. Good Luck!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
425 Posts
TCX Boots seem to be favored by many. I currently wear Doc Martens but am looking at getting some TCX boots next because they are dedicated motorcycle boots having the appropriate protection and they offer waterproof options.

Kathy

·
Registered
1 Posts
I wear Milwaukee Leather lace-up size-zip, but what Stiletto said is true about walking around - they are great for riding and comfy for normal walking around during a stop; but if you want to go more than about 5-6 blocks, they get too heavy. I think the quality is great, and the tread is very beefy, always feel like I have a solid grip on the pavement.

·
Registered
49 Posts
TCX Boots seem to be favored by many. I currently wear Doc Martens but am looking at getting some TCX boots next because they are dedicated motorcycle boots having the appropriate protection and they offer waterproof options.

Kathy
Bought these TCX biker boots for my wife, she says they are also really comfy to wear and walk on all day and feel just like a trainer. They are also waterproof too which is an added bonus(y)

·
Registered
461 Posts
It's tough to find a pair sturdy enough to ride in, but flexible and light enough to walk in for any distance. Harley does have a big variety of riders boots. Logger type work boots are also good. From my experience recently, I bought a pair of 5.11 tactical boots that seem to fit the bill. They are light, waterproof, and have great traction. If you go to their website, they make women's models as well.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I had been wearing low heeled cowboy boots but was never really comfortable as far as the protection they would offer. I actually wrecked while wearing them and the sole injury I sustained, other than my pride, was to my shin in the exact spot the boots dipped in the front allowing the peg from the floorboard to go through my shin. I recently purchased my first pair of true "bike" boots, a pair of TCX Street Ace Lady. So far they are really comfortable; not even irritating the scar running down and across my ankle even though they are laced fairly tightly for support. I am a happy camper at my new find and thanks to all you ladies who posted here about this brand as I had never heard of them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts