Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
121 - 130 of 130 Posts
View attachment 581876 View attachment 581876 2001 Valkyrie Interstate, road her all over the East Coast for 16 year's. After knee replacement l needed a v twin. Best decision ever, my 2017 Roadmaster doesn't make me miss her.
Hello Thundercat, I'm new to the site and I'm about to give up my 1999 Valk Interstate for 2021 Roadmaster Limited. I love the Roadmaster in every way, but I have one minor concern about the cornering ability. I can't find the lean angle for a Valk interstate to compare it to the Roadmasters 31 degrees and since I scrape my floorboards all the time on the Valk, I'm just a tad concerns. Do you have any feedback based on your experience switching? Thank you in advance

Having had 20 bikes in my lifetime I had some pretty good ones that stood out in my mind. A 1996 Triumph Adventurer 900 which got totaled, a 1998 Honda Nighthawk 750, 2004 Victory Kingpin and a 2007 Yamaha Roadliner. More recently a 2012 Victory Cross Country and 2015 Indian Chieftain. Each had it's own personality so-to-speak but those were the top seven for me.

Miss the 1999 Honda Valkyrie Interstate- great bike!
Tire Plant Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle

I believe the finest bike I've ever owned over the 66 years I;ve been mounted on two wheels is the one I'm currently riding right now,which is my Indian SDH.But then again,it's still got a long ways to go cause it's only got 56,000 miles on it.Before I bought this machine,my 99 Yamaha RSV, which had 200,000 miles on it when I sold it, was the best bike I ever owned and believe it's still out there running around on the streets.So we shall see how my Indian is running when and "if",she hits that 200,000 mile mark and without any major problems. :unsure: And that is,of course, "IF" I'm still around!!! :eek: :rolleyes::)Dave!!!

which bike did I let go of that i miss? ALL OF THEM!!!
I miss my 84 Honda Magna that i let go when i bought a house and kids entered the picture.
I miss my 2003 Valkyrie that my dad gave me when he went to a trike. For what it cost per year and what i got in trade, i should have just kept it.

The one I really miss is my 2016 RM "Old Blue" . I almost had an emotional connection as we survived so many things together. I rode on 3 solo cross country trips with old blue. I got caught in 45-50 MPH winds on the open plains of South Dakota that almost blew me into the ditch. (almost 3 times in the same storm)

I rode it up the Million dollar highway from Ouray to Silverton with my wife on the back in a hailstorm. I sat under many a bridge in the rain trying to keep warm with my legs hugging the warm running engine.

I did a post here once how I couldn't get my errands done because everyone wanted to stop me and talk about "old blue"

Old Blue was taken from me prematurely when an un-named Indian dealer dropped a 4 wheeler from the rack on my bike.(it was in for a service). They were more than fair in the upgrade to a 2019 RM to compensate me. I just wasn't ready to give her up.
Water Tire Sky Wheel Fuel tank

The best bike I've owned to date was my 99 Yamaha RSV [bought brandy new in 99] which I traveled over 200,000 miles on before selling it eleven years later.Why did I sell it?? Because I'm getting older, :cry: and she was just getting too top heavy for me.[her curb weight was 869 lbs.,plus the accessories I added which increased that weight in access of the 900 lb mark ,making it even more top heavy].
Anyways, I replaced it with my 2010 Triumph Thunderbird SE,[better balanced and a lot lighter] its' curb weight was only 812 lbs.and I rode it for 125,000 miles.But the big reason I traded that machine in towards the SDH,was because of the short tire life I was getting from those expensive,short mileage radial tires used on it which I posted about in another thread on here.Anyways, I shopped around and found the SDH which was approximately 50 lbs. lighter then my RSV was ,but also had a lower center of gravity compared to the RSV.So I bought it and have not looked back,ATLEAST,NOT YET!! lol Dave!!!

121 - 130 of 130 Posts
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.