Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

81 - 100 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
My favorite motorcycle was my 2004 Triumph Thunderbird Sport. Fully adjustable suspension front and rear, a ripping 3 cyl Cosworth engine, 6 spd, beautiful to look at, and comfortable all day seat. I had to give it up after 10 yrs of fun. The high center of gravity and my short old legs were a combination that started to concern me. I can still hear the sound of that de-baffled triple on full song, in my head. Several good bikes in the 50+ yrs but that one is my favorite.

·
Bronze member
1,266 Posts
View attachment 581371

A 900SS I bought in 1982 to replace a Laverda Jota, which I also wish I still had.

View attachment 581372
Well, I can certainly understand your regrets in selling there two beauties, Norman.

And not just because of some sentimental or respectful memories you may have for them, but because and as I'm sure you know here, these two bikes are now valued in the collector market much higher than almost any other bikes which have been posted in this thread.

(...especially the bevel-drive Ducati up there...those babies are presently going in the $40K range)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I certainly dont miss my 08 Gold Wing! Though it was the best bike I owned, comfortable air ride queen seat Itthe riding position hurt my hip joint the dayI bought it. For 75k it hurt then I bought a my 1 st hack Kawaski drifter & then a2016 Vintage Indian and never looked back. The wing is a great bike but I like the Indian.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
View attachment 581876 View attachment 581876 2001 Valkyrie Interstate, road her all over the East Coast for 16 year's. After knee replacement l needed a v twin. Best decision ever, my 2017 Roadmaster doesn't make me miss her.
Just curious. How did your bike end up what looks to be inside a conference room on carpeting?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I have always had a good place in my heart for my 2008 Harley Road Glide in the 105th anniversary trim. My lady and I rode that thing all over the place. Sometimes, I think we associate the events and fun around the bike and think it was the bike. I think it was simply the time in my life where I had time to ride and the weather was good for a few seasons and we just simply were having fun. I know I traded it for a 2010 Harley Ultra and hated that thing. It spent more time getting recalled and crap. I wish I still had the Roadglide in the stable with my Roadmaster. View attachment 581344
Before I bought my first Indian I was looking to find that exact make, color and model, and year that you had. I loved my 2004 Road Glide that I bought new in 2004 and if I had found a 2008 with low miles and in good condition like yours I’d probably be riding it today. But with the friends I’ve made riding my Chieftain Limited I’m very happy.

My 2004 that I sold in 2016. I loved that bike...

·
Platinum member / aka Husky Davidson. 10/09/14
1,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #94 (Edited)
Best bike Harley ever built....yup shoulda kept that one!
Back then I heard that several times. (Best bike).
I can tell you that it came factory with all the bells and whistles.. Front and rear air assist suspension.
It also came with the quick release for the tour-pac and a 2 way adjustable backrest for the rider..
In short, a lot of pieces that would be extra today.
That 95” motor rev’d like a 327 Chevy.. Very smooth in operation.
I did add the Screaming Eagle 6 speed, (Jim’s Performance). It lowered the RPM’s 400 to 3000 at 80mph.
It would Lazily trot down the freeway (putt).
And you only felt it breathing.
I was having hard times, and thought I needed to sell it. So I did.
Thanks for noticing.

·
Registered
137 Posts

1. Why if you liked it so much did she go away?
    Yamaha fell asleep on the star line. A 6 speed was needed and some simple things like cruise control etc. We all kept waiting for the next tweeks that never came. Still, very few stock cruisers could touch that 113 powerplant. Ask folks who owned them. Many a cvo with big bucks in upgrades would get smoked by the 113 and asked u what u had under the hood and when u said it's stock they were in shock. Best twin engine I've ever owned. It Yamaha abandoned the bagger market and we moved on. Shame it did cause the platform was there. I love my vintage but I know not to challenge a stratoliner or roadliner. Plus torque was so awesome it ate tires every 8k miles regardless of your throttle style.

·
Rider
346 Posts
Well, I can certainly understand your regrets in selling there two beauties, Norman.

And not just because of some sentimental or respectful memories you may have for them, but because and as I'm sure you know here, these two bikes are now valued in the collector market much higher than almost any other bikes which have been posted in this thread.

(...especially the bevel-drive Ducati up there...those babies are presently going in the $40K range)
Thanks for that, I've owned eight Italian bikes over the years but those two stand out for the emotional pull, rather than the financial could have been!
The snarl of a 180 Jota on the overrun really made the hairs stand up on the back of your neck, there's never been anything else like it.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Someone else posted a Valkyrie above. I had one that we did some customizing on...added a Road Glide fairing. I thought it looked like it was made for the bike...what do you guys think?
Looks awesome! I used an old FLH fairing on our Valk. Had a Road Glide fairing too, but settled on the FLH.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Thanks! One of funnest things about this bike was waving to HD riders. As I'm sure most of you have experienced, some of them wave back and some of them stick their nose up in the air and ride by. With this bike, the guys that wouldn't think of waving back at a Honda, started to wave and then, as you got close, you could see the confusion on their face when they realized there were cylinders hanging out of each side ;) .

Looks awesome! I used an old FLH fairing on our Valk. Had a Road Glide fairing too, but settled on the FLH.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Before I bought my first Indian I was looking to find that exact make, color and model, and year that you had. I loved my 2004 Road Glide that I bought new in 2004 and if I had found a 2008 with low miles and in good condition like yours I’d probably be riding it today. But with the friends I’ve made riding my Chieftain Limited I’m very happy.

My 2004 that I sold in 2016. I loved that bike...

After talking about my105th Roadglide, I read some more of these great posts. Now I remember that I had a couple Valkyries. There was something special about them. They probably attracted more attention than any other bike I ever owned with maybe the exception of the CBX. Us Americans love a big engine. You add a little chrome to a monster engine and let the bragging begin. My problem is that I love anything with a motor and wheels. I simply don't have enough money or garage space or I would have kept them all. Ken

81 - 100 of 107 Posts