Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

61 - 80 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think my overall favorite was my 02 road king, but it was the only bike I owned that gave me a host of mechanical issues until I sold it. The new owner said he never had even one issue with it. One bike I should have never sold was my 03 heritage Springer, fantastic bike, but someone made me an offer I could not refuse to buy it - oh well you live and learn !!
Looking forward to the Indian Chief being the bike I never sell.

·
Rider
837 Posts

·
Senior member / rider
774 Posts
I should add my very first Triumph, a 1995 Trident bought in late 94, and my 2011 Victory Kingpin. I do miss Victory...

·
Bronze member
1,071 Posts
2017 Chief Dark Horse, “la sancha”. No issues ever from her. Let her go last November, still miss....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Icecarver, what kind of seat on that bike? Looks awesome and really makes the bike. And yes, you definitely should have kept this bike!!! Why did you (have to) sell!?!?!?!

·
Registered
52 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Interesting subject.
Sometimes I have be very relieved to sell a bike. I was a compulsive bike changer up to about a year ago. Slowed down now. Owned about 350 in the last 50 years. Just sold my Honda DCT 1200X Crosstourer last week. Down to one bike now, as just purchased a new car.

Any of these bikes below I would welcome back. Particularly the Honda Valkyrie. Not sure why I sold it. Stupid springs to mind. It was very near mint condition. But sold it for about £5500 a couple of years ago. That’s about a quarter of the price that my Indian Chief has cost me! Looking at it that way. If I kept it and didn't buy the Indian. I would be £15000 better off.

KTM 1290S was possibly my all time favourite big adventure bike. Done everything well. Not keen on chain drive. But could live with that when everything else was so good.

Loved the V Max for the power and the looks. Fuel consumption and range was abysmal. Approx 77 miles to reserve, with the bike ridden slowly.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Icecarver, what kind of seat on that bike? Looks awesome and really makes the bike. And yes, you definitely should have kept this bike!!! Why did you (have to) sell!?!?!?!
That’s a reupholstered dirty bird tripper seat. Didn’t have to sell, got bored.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

61 - 80 of 107 Posts