Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So,

I wanted to pose a question for those who went the aftermarket route for bags...

Which ones are good in your opinion ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor / bronze
2,938 Posts
You can save money with the aftermarket (and I support aftermarket) but I have not seen any that look as good as the Indian bags. Most look too small in my opinion.

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
It's possible to find good bags. These are from a local Australian guy but something similar might be available in the US.

These are colour matched to the Indian tan and are roomy and solid. Under the flap there is a zippered top lid that never let water in for the time I had the bike. They have quick release lockable mounting. The setup got a lot of compliments

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have the US Saddlebags and really like them. They match the Indian brown leather very well. There is plastic inside the bag that holds its shape and under the main piece of leather with the belt buckles there is another piece of leather that closes with zippers to keep water out. It comes in 2 sizes standard 13" tall by 7.5" wide and large 13" by 8.75". I just looked at their web site and if you order the bags and mounting bracket together the bracket is free, Std $829 and Lg $849. Plus the bracket functions as spools and I mounted the Indian backrest to it.
DSC_0422.JPG
DSC_0423.JPG

·
Registered
436 Posts
I just like my Viking bags - they are not the largest, but I didn't want large bags - they do have some substantially larger ones, though

·
Registered
554 Posts
Another vote for Ends Cuoio! I bought one for the Wife’s Bobber and she loves it. I was very impressed with the quality and relative ease of installation.

I purchased a set of Viking Bags for her previously for her Honda CTX700N and while inexpensive, they pretty much fell apart after a year or so - ripped interior lining - ripped “leather” exterior lining.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i have to add, i ordered viking bags, large ones for my scout 60. what happened is, onxe the frame holding the bags (either way - saddle mounted only or bags fixed on the actual frame), i noticed that on the left side, the end of bags holding frame, is too close to the belt guard. went to a quick ride and noticed that it was actually hitting the belt guard and damage it a little. had to remove the bags and i ordered the original indian ones now. they come with much different 'bags holder" system.

but, with some modifications of existing viking bags frame/holder, it would be possible to do it. so if anyone is interested, i can send some pictures of the bags and eventually if you pay for shipment, i donate them to whoever wants them, so that the "leather won't be wasted." they do have some holes since I had to drill to install them on frame (per instructions) but i got also 5 large pieces of ledder patches with self adhesive so you can easy cover the holes.. new bags were 299$.. shipping was additional 99$.

PM me whoever is interested and i can arrange shipping them to you. will attach some photos tmrw, if anyone is interested.

you can find them on their website under
Indian Scout Sixty VikingBags Overlord Large Side Pocket Saddlebags

have a great day everyone and enjoy the ride! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts