Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Best 2 into 1 exhaust

1120 Views 28 Replies 13 Participants Last post by  TC CHAMP
I just ordered 2023 pursuit. I think I want to go Sawicki ? Is this the best performance? Sound good? Can't find much for upgrading?
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

· Registered
187 Posts
I just ordered 2023 pursuit. I think I want to go Sawicki ? Is this the best performance? Sound good? Can't find much for upgrading?
Sawicki has very good performance, sounds good, and pretty loud. I know where you can get a mid-pipe used that's for sale if you're interested.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I realize 2 into 1 deletes cat. The cat delete I believe we were discussing is to stay with factory header. Delete cat and put to slip-ons on. Not interested in that. If you buy a pursuit premium you can't install bassani 2 into 1 currently. They are working on one that fits.

· Registered
71 Posts
I realize 2 into 1 deletes cat. The cat delete I believe we were discussing is to stay with factory header. Delete cat and put to slip-ons on. Not interested in that. If you buy a pursuit premium you can't install bassani 2 into 1 currently. They are working on one that fits.
Mojo, what is it about the pursuit premium that prevents the bassani from fitting?

· Bronze member
2,010 Posts
The first mod I did was a set of Bassani slip-ons. On one hot July day down here in SOFLO I got stuck in ALOT of stopngo traffic, the engine temp was fine but I could feel the heat radiating outward from the cat, heating up my ankles, feet and lower part of my calfs. Now most of my driving is not in that kinda traffic I just did not want that heat ever again. So a Tab cat delete went on, never any issues at all. NO loss of power and maybe a bit more at the higher rpm range, NO codes, a bit deeper exhaust tone and certainly got rid of the heat radiating from the cat. I eventually modified the baffles for more exhaust flow and got even better performance as the baffles that came with the Bassani's were just too restrictive.

I had a 2-1 on my Kawi Vaquero and loved it for looks and performance, but for some reason on both of my Indians I prefer the sound and look of two mufflers.

RACNRAY

· Registered
387 Posts
I got rid of my cat with slip ons10,000 miles ago. I’m now running Sawicki and still no problems. All to their own but I want my Challenger to rival HD and it does when you get rid of the cat.

· Bronze member
2,010 Posts
Looks quite similar to the Graffeo, both with long primaries and proper merge collectors.

But the Toce muffler looks out of place, and the THOUSANDS of mufflers I have seen in 46+ years as a m/c tech, it rates as the ugliest.

· Registered
387 Posts
I have the Sawicki mid length that is just like the Lloyds. I’m not paying $300 extra for his name and marking on the same exhaust.

· Registered
75 Posts
I have the Sawicki mid length that is just like the Lloyds. I’m not paying $300 extra for his name and marking on the same exhaust.
do they still make a mid length? i only see short on their website…or am i looking in the wrong place? is my research correct that for stainless the only options are CMP and sawicki?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts