Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might sound a little strange, but has anyone added additional bends or angles to their bars? I installed KST Apache bars with Rox risers. I noticed that they would be a little more comfortable if the grips angled in a little bit, rather than being straight. Is there a way to bend the grip area of the bars inwards a bit, without messing up the bars?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Rider
1,236 Posts
I really dont think so
You could take the grips off and get a piece of rod and insert it to the bend.
Put a pipe or bar over that and tweak it
BUT the problem would probably result to either cracked and flaking chrome or powdercoat.
Dont think either finish will servive the flaking but you should be able to bend it

·
Bronze Member
1,716 Posts
The biggest problem will be getting the angles the same on both sides. If one side has a different height, angle, bend than the other side it may not be noticeable to others, but it will surely be noticeable (and incredibly annoying) to you.

·
Rider
1,236 Posts
The biggest problem will be getting the angles the same on both sides. If one side has a different height, angle, bend than the other side it may not be noticeable to others, but it will surely be noticeable (and incredibly annoying) to you.
Both sides will be different yield to bend them bending different.
Dont believe any success still bolted in bike.
Must be removed and measured somehow.

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
There are probably sufficient custom bar makers in the industry that somebody could do it for you. I'd start with KST themselves. It looks like all you need is for the bend between the grips and the top weld to be straightened a little.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts