Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
love it - great idea and great job! (y) Do you mind sharing how exactly you did it? Also how exactly you painted your bolts, etc? :unsure: I know, you used some sort of a paint.....:oops:;):cool: .......and I totally agree with you that there is very little branding on the Scout, so it makes total sense to tell everybody - just in case they didn't know - it's an "Indian Motorcycle" :LOL:

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
love it - great idea and great job! (y) Do you mind sharing how exactly you did it? Also how exactly you painted your bolts, etc? :unsure: I know, you used some sort of a paint.....:oops:;):cool: .......and I totally agree with you that there is very little branding on the Scout, so it makes total sense to tell everybody - just in case they didn't know - it's an "Indian Motorcycle" :LOL:
I used a dremel to grind down the belt latch. (Took 45 sec) I left the belt knotch (pin) in place since it was not very long (too long will actually interfere with the sprocket) . Pulled the cover out (4 bolts) drilled a small hole on the cover (after alligning of course) used 3m tape around the edges of buckle and siliconed the back end of the buckle pin. ツ
The bolts were all removed and hand painted with engine paint. After painting, screwed back on and used a small brush for touch up due from Allen key.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts