Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
flying down the road trying to loosen my load.
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As we all know the Scout OEM saddlebags are more for looks than practicality. Yes you can cram some clothes in there, maybe a tool or two but beyond that - meh? I love to run errands on my Scout, especially if it's for a six pack of my favorite IPA. HMMMM? necessity is the mother of invention. One snap and lock food container that fits the beer and the bike tail rack, 4 zipties, drill a few holes and voila - all done. This first take is purely practical, extremely easy - if I really like it I will send the box off to a custom leather worker to wrap it in the Scout's matching leather. Any know a leather source for that idea?
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Machine Food Vehicle Car
Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Car Fender

·
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Who made that rack and where did you get it
@emory c
If I told you I would have to kill you ;) Seriously @Jerf I had a Rack made pretty much like this one, I redesigned it a wee bit and had it made for me by a Norwegian Indian Dealership (I live in Mobile Al.) that Jerf used to build his. Took 2 months to get but oh so worth it. It is incredibly strong and uses the OEM spools to mount, easy on and easy off. See my gallery pics to understand exactly how it is made. Also see in some of the other threads on tail racks.

·
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like the tops from a San Tan Mr Pineapple six pack.
I think I had some Westbrook IPA's attached to the packaging - used the top of the retainers to make sure how much foam I could add to insulate things later.

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
Neat, post some finished pictures... you may be onto a popular accessory! LOL!

·
Registered
743 Posts
@emory c
If I told you I would have to kill you ;) Seriously @Jerf I had a Rack made pretty much like this one, I redesigned it a wee bit and had it made for me by a Norwegian Indian Dealership (I live in Mobile Al.) that Jerf used to build his. Took 2 months to get but oh so worth it. It is incredibly strong and uses the OEM spools to mount, easy on and easy off. See my gallery pics to understand exactly how it is made. Also see in some of the other threads on tail racks.
Seriously,that is a good looking rack!! I could sure use a PM on some info on getting one!! Could you please at least remove your bags for some closer pics?

·
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Neat, post some finished pictures... you may be onto a popular accessory! LOL!
The best part is the cost... an old food container, some zip ties, a little imagination, then add whatever's later.

·
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Seriously,that is a good looking rack!! I could sure use a PM on some info on getting one!! Could you please at least remove your bags for some closer pics?
@emory c I think I can dig out my resources tomorrow. Will post for everyone.

·
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
@emory c I think I can dig out my resources tomorrow. Will post for everyone.
This is the info for the Gentleman who arranged to have the rack made for me.

Met Vriendelijke Groet / With Kind Regards / Mit Freundlichem Gruss
Mike Duckers
H.D. Service Venlo
Horsterweg 418
5928 NJ Venlo
Tel/Fax 0031-(0)77-3870509
[mailto:
[email protected]

·
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
@emory c - info you wanted is posted below in this thread.

·
Registered
652 Posts
@Rudy Smith - US saddlebags has the matching leather. You have to purchase half a hide minimum which is anywhere from 8 to 10 sq ft. They have it in either 10, 8 ounce for bags or 4 ounce thickness for seats. It is $8.00 per sq foot plus shipping. I purchased some for Corbin Saddle my cost was about $112.00 shipped. Half a hide will do 2 seats so it really isn't that bad. Call Adam Roderick at US Saddlebags 1-800-233-1044 and he will take your order. Or email him for information <[email protected]>

mgg

1 - 20 of 25 Posts