Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,422 Posts
How does that work? Does it use your phones weather app?

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk
The bike has a built in cellular radio and a data plan included for 2 years. After that, you have to pay to keep it. It most likely just downloads like your typical weather app.

Reactions: pfd161

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The bike has a built in cellular radio and a data plan included for 2 years. After that, you have to pay to keep it. It most likely just downloads like your typical weather app.
Yeah,

It just works for now! I wish there was a way to use my cell data from my 5g phone, because its way faster. It takes a few minutes to load up the weather overlay on the map.

·
Bronze member
1,567 Posts
Smooth, can you detail the download/upload of the weather app on our bikes? I got stuck in a MASSIVE downpour today in southern RI......what a shit show. Had I known about this, might have been able to dodge this storm!! Thnx

·
Registered
51 Posts
Smooth, can you detail the download/upload of the weather app on our bikes? I got stuck in a MASSIVE downpour today in southern RI......what a shit show. Had I known about this, might have been able to dodge this storm!! Thnx
On the GPS/maps screen, click the bottom center button. There are check options for weather and traffic overlays.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,422 Posts
On the GPS/maps screen, click the bottom center button. There are check options for weather and traffic overlays.
One additon: this resets every power off. I've had times the bike just shut off as I was ready to start it and weather was off again.

·
Registered
51 Posts
One additon: this resets every power off. I've had times the bike just shut off as I was ready to start it and weather was off again.
I guess I haven't noticed since I don't really use either of those features. Never have issues with traffic where I'm at, and I could be a weather man here (Central California). It's going to be sunny and hot as **** with no clouds. That describes about 9 months out of the year.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts