Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a "14" Vintage with beach bars and love them... Had to reach for stock bars and didn't like reach bars either .... Those of you that have the beach bars do you like them ?
Chief pic (2).JPG

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
I went with the beach bars on my 2015 and I like them. Not as wide as my 2000 Indian beach bars but, I like them the best of what's available.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
1,956 Posts
image.jpg

I couldn't afford the Beach bars, so I had both my arms surgically extended by 3"

I now ride in great comfort, even though my knuckles drag along in the dirt when I'm not on the bike.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Kevin,

Just picked up your post and looking to change my bars as well. You mention that the wiring was long enough. Any issues with the brake hose etc?

Kind regards,

Terry

·
Bronze member
2,570 Posts
All the stock cables reach. The bars are really not much wider, just a different shape. I like them much better.

Reactions: Geoff-3

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have a "14" Vintage with beach bars and love them... Had to reach for stock bars and didn't like reach bars either .... Those of you that have the beach bars do you like them ? View attachment 6164

So you're not reaching as much with the beach bars as you were with the stock bars? I love the look of the beach bars but just assumed they would be farther away from the rider than stock bars.

·
Bronze member
2,570 Posts
To me, the beach bars are a slightly farther reach. The stock bars pull back more. I like the beach bar reach better.

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So you're not reaching as much with the beach bars as you were with the stock bars? I love the look of the beach bars but just assumed they would be farther away from the rider than stock bars.
Mike try before you buy, I didn't like stock bars, beach bars are less of a reach for me....Dealer may be able to help you out...Good luck....

·
Registered
98 Posts
Mike try before you buy, I didn't like stock bars, beach bars are less of a reach for me....Dealer may be able to help you out...Good luck....
That's the plan. I just found a dealer that has some bikes on their floor with them. I looked at them once before and was trying to eyeball where the grips were on the tank and it seemed the beach bars were farther back on the tank. I'm glad you like yours!

·
Registered
175 Posts
I love mine. They feel like a shorter reach and I have them rolled down low, about 1/2" above the tank when turned all the way. Very comfortable on long trips with my hands far below my shoulders.

·
Bronze member
2,570 Posts
Here is what to check relating to reach. Kick the wheel all the way left. Note your right hand appears to be farther away from your body with the beach bars.

·
333 Posts
I always keep a bike or two on the floor with beach bars. I find the beach bars set differently on a Indian compared to a Harley. Indian set up does not have you reaching forward and handles much better than HD set ups. the only way i can explain it is the geometry is much more accommodating on the Indian. Here is a couple examples.
HPS100115_57.jpg
HPS072315_10.jpg

·
Texas Hill Country
4,697 Posts
I ran my 2014 Vintage for a year with the stock bars.
I figured that was long enough to get used to them.
I never did like them.

So I changed to Beach Bars.
I now have a pain in my back, between my shoulder blades and both of my forearms hurt, right at the elbow.
I know it is from the new Beach Bars.

It can happen anytime you change anything with seating geometry on a motorcycle.
I'm giving it a spell to see if my body can overcome the new geometry.
It ain't easy getting old.....Yes, the Beach Bars do feel more comfortable from the saddle

·
Bronze member
2,570 Posts
This should explain it. Beach bars are installed with the stock bars on top. They are aligned perfectly where they clamp onto the bike.
The stock bars pull back closer to the rider and the beach bars are very slightly wider.
To me the beach bars are about my favorite mod. $200.00 for polished stainless steel seems reasonable and they give me a more neutral riding position and give the bike a better retro look.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts