Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
flying down the road trying to loosen my load.
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I installed beach bars a good ways back. I always thought my aftermarket clutch cable looked like it could be longer but things worked fine so...meh.

Then I installed a Rekluse EXP Autoclutch - see my other thread - wonderful addition, BUT, my clutch pull was CRAZY hard.

1 month later I took scout #124 back for a clutch readjust at the installing dealership. My thinking was new clutch maybe something needs to break in? End result of readjust - $55.00 less in my pocket and Same Problem..

I contacted Rekluse to tell them my problem and they said:
"hey, the mech is off 1 cog on the install easy to do but easy to fix.
Rekluse is an awesome company. Sent mech pics and everything.

2 months later at scheduled service I asked / pleaded nicely for them to correct the problem on the third try "on their nickel" based on the new info I provided them via Rekluse.

Mech comes stomping out and tells me - "I installed it off a cog because your clutch cable is too short". Some mechanics don't get paid when "they" make a mistake and have to correct it..

Grrr… like why the hell didn't you share that info with me on the day of original install?
Please finish my service and order me another Barnett Clutch Cable but 1" longer this time... ok?

Mech disappears - one hour later the mech comes out tooling around on my scoot with a smile on his face and buttons popping off his pumped up chest; he calls me over and says he fixed it.
"do I need to order the new cable?" "
No Sir, your good to go".

magic?

FYI:

Even though the mech corrected his 1 cog / tooth mistake, if you go with beach bars, probably best to add one inch to your clutch cable - of course - Barnett Clutch cables are the best.

If your clutch pull on any scout clutch is TOO hard you may have a clutch that was installed one cog/tooth off at the factory or during a subsequent service. Worth checking! My clutch pull has never been easier or sweeter and I hardly ever use the thing!!!

·
Bronze member
2,294 Posts
I'm going to make a guess here. My guess is that only a tiny percentage of our membership have a clue how radical your motorcycling experience changes when you outfit with a Rekluse autoclutch. Even though I've ridden offroad race bikes with them, I still don't fully grasp all the riding "options" that are made available. E.G. I know you can ride as if it were not even there - like I have for 51 years - or at the other extreme, ride like you have a "sort of" automatic transmission...

It would be nice to read a write-up of everything you can do with the Scout + Rekluse that you otherwise can't do..? Including 2-up cruising, hooligan terrorizing, etc..?

I can't be the only one that wonders this..?

·
flying down the road trying to loosen my load.
2,649 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm going to make a guess here. My guess is that only a tiny percentage of our membership have a clue how radical your motorcycling experience changes when you outfit with a Rekluse autoclutch. Even though I've ridden offroad race bikes with them, I still don't fully grasp all the riding "options" that are made available. E.G. I know you can ride as if it were not even there - like I have for 51 years - or at the other extreme, ride like you have a "sort of" automatic transmission...

It would be nice to read a write-up of everything you can do with the Scout + Rekluse that you otherwise can't do..? Including 2-up cruising, hooligan terrorizing, etc..?

I can't be the only one that wonders this..?
I have done some other nifty things - like added a pingle electric shifter... now that is sweet and although you would think pushing a button is easy, learning to fine tune your "when to push the button" skill set takes some learning. In time you are rewarded with shifts that are so smooth you think it IS an automatic.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I chatted Rekluse up some time ago about the possibility of a 111 application. They replied that they were looking into it.

Of course, I'll believe it when I see it. And it might be just the ticket to get my lovely wife riding her own, not that I mind bringing her with me...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts