Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 Vintage. The quick connect pigtail comes out the left side of the bike under the plastique rocker panel. The problem? The Indian proprietary connect is not a universal connect. The connector itself has two prongs extruding which means means I need a female coupler to use my batt tender.

Anybody know what I am referring to and, if so, what was your solution?

·
Silver member
5,032 Posts
Pictures? It should be a male/female lead...

·
Premium Member
1,216 Posts
You don't mention what the terminator end on your tender is but with that knowledge you'll most likely be able to source an adapter made by the tenders manufacturer. Google time.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,115 Posts
This is the pigtail that came with my bike

Which is the same as the "Indian Proprietary Tender"

And every other tender I know of

So I'm not sure what you are inferring to?

As @pablo94 said, pictures would help.

And like @dieselgman said, swap it out with a new pigtail. Just be careful when working around the battery that you don't fry the ECU.

·
Bronze member
3,160 Posts
Harbor freight has a solar panel and controller that has the same plug ,I gave 60 bucks for the panel and 19 bucks for the controller.works great

·
Registered
248 Posts

And like @dieselgman said, swap it out with a new pigtail. Just be careful when working around the battery that you don't fry the ECU.
Also have a 15 Vintage like the op. The connections in these pics are the ones I have. Got my old H.D. tender hooked up on it. These are available at the parts store..

·
11th Light Infantry Brigade
3,603 Posts

Emphasis on ECU - Wrap that sucker with a rag as soon as you loosen the fasteners

·
Bronze member
2,034 Posts
Are you sure the connection you are looking at is the tender lead? My wife's Springfield has a similar connector under the left side cover but it's not for a battery tender. The wiring is way too small for that.

·
Registered
122 Posts
At least your 15 came with a tender hook up. I had to install mine. And be very carefull with the ECU and remove and install the battery cables in the proper order.Wrap it in a rag or towel as was stated above.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts