NOCO lithium NLP20, 600 cca ,5yr warranty, not much more expensive. Apx. $180. Only 3 months old but 5,000 mile . Still going strong
ive never used a lithium, pros and cons? does it fit in the housing? special battery tender etc.NOCO lithium NLP20, 600 cca ,5yr warranty, not much more expensive. Apx. $180. Only 3 months old but 5,000 mile . Still going strong
tyThe battery is smaller and lighter ,comes with spacers to fill the void. You will need to maintainer/charger compatible with lithium. Amazon sells the battery and chargers.
I don't have first hand knowledge but talking to those that do I gleened...ive never used a lithium, pros and cons? does it fit in the housing? special battery tender etc.
"What source is this "rule".
As far as I am aware a float charger can be used 24x7x365 independent of when bike is to used next. That said if bike to be used within days. Why bother putting it on a float charger. I feel most of us (ncluding me) don't bother connecting one during riding season. But as far as I know if we did-there is no harm in doing do.
So what AGM battery are you using?There’s a difference between a Lithium Ion and Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) Batteries. The majority of start batteries are LiFePO4 … In addition to the previous info … A LiFePO4 battery should have a BMS (Battery Management System) built in to prevent overcharging. 14.4v is the preferred charging voltage. They can handle 13.8-14.7v. 15v is the max, a BMS would stop the battery from charging so it wouldn’t get damaged … A few manufacturers are making lithium only regulator/rectifiers … once you change it out you can’t use AGM batteries without changing the R/R back…
I still prefer an AGM battery. It does everything I need it to do …
#3 is the main issue most folks are concerned with…
Here are some key differences between the two types of batteries:
- Composition: LiFePO4 batteries use lithium iron phosphate as the cathode material, while lithium-ion batteries can use various cathode materials, such as cobalt oxide, manganese oxide, or nickel oxide.
- Energy density: Lithium-ion batteries have a higher energy density than LiFePO4 batteries, which means they can store more energy in a given volume. This makes them more suitable for use in smaller, lighter EVs.
- Safety: LiFePO4 batteries are generally considered safer than lithium-ion batteries, as they are less prone to overheating and catching fire.
- Cost: LiFePO4 batteries are typically less expensive to produce than lithium-ion batteries, but they also have a lower energy density, so more are needed to power an EV, which can offset the cost advantage.
- Performance: LiFePO4 and lithium-ion batteries can offer good performance in EVs, but the specific performance characteristics will depend on the particular battery design and chemistry.
If you want to read the original … Lithium Iron Phosphate VS. Lithium Ion Batteries | Elcan Industries
About 2 years ago I bought a DuraLast Gold battery from AutoZone … topped off the charge … installed it … it’s been working great … I don’t use a battery maintainer because I ride a lot and the most the bike sits is about 2 weeks … I’ve had no problems…So what AGM battery are you using?
So this does fit, because the Amazon page says it doesn't?I've been using these below for a number of years in about every type of motorcycle, UTV/atv's and other vehicles. -BS stands for bottle (acid) suppled. Whatever you buy in AGM you want to buy the dry battery with the acid bottle. This means that the battery is not been activated and sitting for an unspecified period of time "aging" which is why many of these batteries and factory installed ones don't last. Instead when you add the acid the battery is new activated on that day and you know it's fresh. They are simple, pull off the sealing strip, press the bottle down on the battery, let it sit for 30-60 minutes. remove the empty bottle, install the sealing strip, charge, install.
Yuasa YUAM620BH YTX20HL-BS Battery, One Size + Free ShippingBuy Yuasa YUAM620BH YTX20HL-BS Battery, One Size: Automotive - Amazon.com ✓ FREE DELIVERY possible on eligible purchaseswww.amazon.com
Here it is right from Indian:So this does fit, because the Amazon page says it doesn't?