Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone ,
Bought my 2016 Scout in December of 2015. I have about 4500miles on it.
Have no issues with it. Runs and starts great in any temp. I have tendered my
bike since new and battery still seems strong. I have heard people having very
short battery life. Do you guys think I should replace it as a preventative
maintenance issue or just keep going with ? How long have some of you gone without
battery replacement ? If you have replaced it. I heard it's a real PIA ! What battery have you
replaced it with ? Has anyone just replaced it with the stock battery from Indian?

·
Registered
99 Posts
I also have a 2016 Scout and it still has the original battery. I use a Battery Tender Junior every day. It doesn't get particularly cold (an issue for some Scout owners) here in SC and I keep the bike in the garage.
Here are two videos that go through replacing the battery when you decide it's time:
Video 1
Video 2
Also, when I looked into replacement batteries I decided that I'd get this one for its numerous good reviews and price.
Duracell Ultra AGM Black Case Battery for 2016 Indian Scout

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I also have a 2016 Scout and it still has the original battery. I use a Battery Tender Junior every day. It doesn't get particularly cold (an issue for some Scout owners) here in SC and I keep the bike in the garage.
Here are two videos that go through replacing the battery when you decide it's time:
Video 1
Video 2
Also, when I looked into replacement batteries I decided that I'd get this one for its numerous good reviews and price.
Duracell Ultra AGM Black Case Battery for 2016 Indian Scout
Thanks !

·
Registered
15 Posts
When you feel it’s time to replace it I can so far recommend this Antigravity battery; removal and installation is simple

1 - 5 of 5 Posts