Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some bikes already have a pigtail for a battery charger - I had a tough time finding mine.... if you can't find it...here is where my dealer put mine... sitting on the bike it was on the right side...just below the seat...

I had to take thay panel off the first time (it just pops one and off) - to get to it - because it was tucked up behind the black plastic piece behind that panel.... But once pulled out - that panel does not need to come on and off to access it. Nice feature if pre-installed..
Could be placed anywhere I guess but that is where mine was.

Indian of Charlotte (Lowell/Gastonia) - very helpful with any questions all the time.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Some dealers installed a pigtail others like mine, didn't.
I installed mine going out the left side panel as my tender will be on that side. Be careful if you install one as a few have shorted out their VCM's, shorting it on the battery post.

Here's a video on battery removal for assistance, the 2015's have a rubber boot on the posi post.

I hope this helps someone

·
Registered
425 Posts
I use the cigarette lighter.
I talked to a couple of dealers who will install the cigarette lighter adapter for the low price of $60. I looked and foundation genuine Battery Tender cigarette lighter with 6' of cord to attach on handlebars, etc. for $8. The handlebar bag on the Chief has a Velcro loop that will hold that nicely, and you can install your own. Wal-mart sells a USB socket for $2 and you can charge your phone and other items that way. Nice, and a savings of $50 over having someone else do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Founding member / distinguished
2,763 Posts
I talked to a couple of dealers who will install the cigarette lighter adapter for the low price of $60. I looked and foundation genuine Battery Tender cigarette lighter with 6' of cord to attach on handlebars, etc. for $8. The handlebar bag on the Chief has a Velcro loop that will hold that nicely, and you can install your own. Wal-mart sells a USB socket for $2 and you can charge your phone and other items that way. Nice, and a savings of $50 over having someone else do it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Chieftain has a cig lighter socket on it already. Advance Auto parts had a cig lighter plug for about $5-10. I just cut my battery tender plug and spliced the cig lighter plug in.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I think that one is a power connection for accessories. I found a tender pigtail under the right side cover. I also found one under the left side cover which was really buried. Wierd.

2017 Vintage

1 - 9 of 9 Posts