Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Original member / Distinguished
5,865 Posts
I think that I've nailed down the "battery idiot light" issue. Before riding to work this morning, I set my key fob on the kitchen cable to warm up. When I went to the garage it was 36 degrees and, after starting the Roadmaster, the battery light was not illuminated. So letting the key fob get cold causes the battery to get wimpy enough to alert the low battery system. Once warmed up, the battery in the fob is fine and the idiot light stays off.
Good idea carrying a spare fob battery, but keep in mind that if the spare is cold, it may not work like a new one either.
You may be on to something. I've never had the issue but I've carried the fob close to my body. Was in my vest pocket for almost and year but now in a fob holder which I then stick in my pocket. Still not seen the issue. But we've only been below 40º twice so far this fall. We are well below this morning though.

· Original member / Distinguished
5,865 Posts
Without the fob, the alarm can't be set, right?
You know...I'm not sure. With the fob you hit the lock button twice. Would doing the same with the one on the console do it too? It very well may but I've never tired it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.