Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Not sure if others have seen this but thought would share. Maybe we should start a modifications post.

When I picked up my bike noticed the positive cable was pinched between the battery cover and radiator. Upon looking closer the plastic corrugated covering was starting to melt. I caught it in time not to damage the cable but did not like how the cable was being routed.

To help this I modified the battery holder. See pictures. Normally the battery holder would push the cable up and into the radiator. I cut a notch to allow the cable to be routed low near the battery. Going to see how this works. Modify at your own risk if you choose to do so. Thanks
IMG_20200314_101415054_HDR~2.jpg IMG_20200314_135550046~2.jpg

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

Not sure if others have seen this but thought would share. Maybe we should start a modifications post.

When I picked up my bike noticed the positive cable was pinched between the battery cover and radiator. Upon looking closer the plastic corrugated covering was starting to melt. I caught it in time not to damage the cable but did not like how the cable was being routed.

To help this I modified the battery holder. See pictures. Normally the battery holder would push the cable up and into the radiator. I cut a notch to allow the cable to be routed low near the battery. Going to see how this works. Modify at your own risk if you choose to do so. Thanks
View attachment 580010 View attachment 580011
Thanks for sharing. Great idea!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts