Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have been researching the Bassani True Dual Exhaust (8C16BSB) as an upgrade for my 2016 Chief Darkhorse. I've had correspondence from Bassani suggesting they "should" fit considering the Chief even though they are made for the Chieftan or Roadmaster. However, I tried to order a set today from Denniskirk.com and they exclaimed that they would not. Just wondering if anyone has direct experience with this matter as I do love their baffled tone. I currently have stage two with an "unrestricted" 2 into 1 OEM which is nice but it's become a bit too loud for my son who has a hearing sensitivity issue.

Thank you for your help in this manner.

D

·
Bronze member
4,113 Posts
Hello,

I have been researching the Bassani True Dual Exhaust (8C16BSB) as an upgrade for my 2016 Chief Darkhorse. I've had correspondence from Bassani suggesting they "should" fit considering the Chief even though they are made for the Chieftan or Roadmaster. However, I tried to order a set today from Denniskirk.com and they exclaimed that they would not. Just wondering if anyone has direct experience with this matter as I do love their baffled tone. I currently have stage two with an "unrestricted" 2 into 1 OEM which is nice but it's become a bit too loud for my son who has a hearing sensitivity issue.

Thank you for your help in this manner.

D

Well I would trust the manufacturer than a simple retailer. Dennis Kirk only goes off of what the manufactures product list says. If Bassani says they will fit, then your good to go.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I figured this to be the case, just wanted additional opinions from fellow owners. I mean it's the same bike without bags and front fairing or touring but I would hate spending that kind of money and finding out after-the-fact it would not fit.

Thanks for you opinion :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am getting the Bassani True Duals installed on my Chieftain as I write this.The Indian dealer is doing it. When I pick up the bike I will ask them!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Appreciate it!

Bob over at Bassani just confirmed with me they would fit. Gonna grab a set pair next month!

·
Registered
15 Posts
I am getting the Bassani True Duals installed on my Chieftain as I write this.The Indian dealer is doing it. When I pick up the bike I will ask them!
What year Chieftan? I have a 2015 and pondering. I have always liked Bassani pipes but have yet to have any on my own bike. Please post followup. Curious about what you did regarding tune. Take care and thanks!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts