Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought the 2020 challenger and Bassani full system road rage 2to1. Dealership had to take it in and clear codes. I got it back rode it 1 day and threw codes again. Does anyone know if I need to also run the power commander v as well as getting it dyno tuned? It seems my dealer has no idea .

·
Registered
249 Posts
You didn’t say, but are you running the stock air, or the Stage1 intake upgrade WITH the ECU flash that S1A comes with? The ECU re-flash is part of the increased S1 airflow; you can also go to a dealer & pay for just the ECU flash (?? I’ve heard $300?) IF that much, why not just buy the $450 S1A upgrade and ride away with that + the flash.
Personally I’d do that with your pipe before the PCV ...then like many of us WAIT for a tuner that cracks the ECU for real closed-loop map tweaking & speed limit delete.
Others may have a diff opinion.
Nobody has opened the ECU code yet so what will a dyno-tune really gain you?

Good luck & enjoy that ride!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have stock air intake. I might just go back to stock pipes and wait this out a bit like you said. The bike is plenty fast . Just wanted that sound . Thank you for the honest input. I have an old Harley that you can fix on the side of the road so this new stuff freaks me out a bit.

·
Rider
486 Posts
I’ve got the bassani 2-1 with the stock air cleaner and have put over 1000 miles on it since the pipe install and it runs perfectly. You might try getting the Indian stage 1 flash and see if it helps.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I’ve got the bassani 2-1 with the stock air cleaner and have put over 1000 miles on it since the pipe install and it runs perfectly. You might try getting the Indian stage 1 flash and see if it helps.
Thanks is that what you did because I am fed up and was going to go back to stock.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Please consider putting a YouTube video up so we can hear them. I think this pipe is going to do well. I spoke to Bassani and if it does they are going to release a stainless version. I’m hoping they do a shorty version like for the Harley baggers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did you get the stage 1 flash on yours ?

·
Rider
486 Posts
You might want to check your head bolts and O2 sensors to see if everything is tightened and connected. It’s the simple things that get overlooked.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I would also ask the dealer to confirm your bike doesn`t need the throttle body sync done. Check for exhaust leaks at the heads.
I am losing confidence in my dealer . I got them to change the exhaust back to stock and they had to call Indian for help clearing codes. I am looking for a certified Indian mechanic.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts