Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious to anyone who has a base challenger or chieftain: I know it doesn't include nav, however does it still do the Apple Carplay after the latest RC 2.0 update?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just curious to anyone who has a base challenger or chieftain: I know it doesn't include nav, however does it still do the Apple Carplay after the latest RC 2.0 update?
No it does not you have to have the gps navigation unit installed for it to work on the base model.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking that the Apple Carplay that was introduced on the last RC update should have updated even the base unit, that's kind of lame that they still require you to do the nav upgrade.

·
Bronze member
2,559 Posts
IM is in the business of making money...they’re not going to give away something like CarPlay for free.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've had 3 roadmasters and I've never used their gps. I use Apple carplay in my vehicles and like the functionality of it. I also use headset audio most of the time.

I'm thinking out loud to myself that if I were to go for the challenger, the base would be the best value even if I had to upgrade ride command for carplay.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've had 3 roadmasters and I've never used their gps. I use Apple carplay in my vehicles and like the functionality of it. I also use headset audio most of the time.

I'm thinking out loud to myself that if I were to go for the challenger, the base would be the best value even if I had to upgrade ride command for carplay.
I have the base and added the aftermarket nav. Only $60 for them to enable the functions if you do all the work. You can have the fairing off in 10 minutes easy and the physical install takes 5 minutes. I don't regret saving $7k and picking a few items to add after the fact. The silver is my second favorite color after the white anyway so it wasn't that tough of a decision personally.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Wilson, can you provide greater details about the aftermarket addition. What component did you purchase, what install was required, and what enabling was required? Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts