Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi was wondering there are 2 videos on youtube of installing this cable, Problem is there are 2 nut were the cable connects to the bracket were the clutch arm is.One video shows both nuts above the bracket and the other video shows one nut below the bracket and the other on top which make sense to me because that how the stock one is.Hoping someone that has installed the cable can advise.Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well when i took the original cable off it had 2 nuts one on the bottom and on one top which makes sense to me as it locking it in place.I guess it will work both ways

·
Bronze member
1,462 Posts
Polaris makes pretty good bikes, ATVs and such. However their vendor for cables ( clutch) For Victory and Indian sucks. Requires too frequent adjustment. ( stretch). I had a Victory before. Same issue. I also heard too many people on the Vic forum tell of cable end break off ( leaving you stranded-unless you can improvise). And besides that you can tell a Barnett cable pulls smoother to boot. I have yet to hear a Barnett cable break, and I haven’t had to readjust mine since I installed. The important thing is to route it correctly. Take pics. Even easier is to tie a nylon string to the old cable, take clutch end loose, pull out/up through beside radiator and in back of head light up to the clutch perch. Tie the lever end of the new cable to the end of the nylon string and pull it up through and it will be in the correct place. Just my 2 cents.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts