Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed Indian 10" mini apes about a year ago on my Scout ABS. I just used the OEM clutch cable when I installed the new handlebars because it was just long enough to reach with the 10" apes.. This morning my clutch cable broke and I plan on replacing it with a Barnett cable because of all the good reviews. My question is....Should I order the standard length cable from Barnett or would I get a better fit if I ordered a custom cable a couple of inches longer standard length? Wondering if the added cost of the longer custom cable would be worth it if I can get by with the standard length.

All opinions appreciated.

·
Registered
853 Posts
I installed Indian 10" mini apes about a year ago on my Scout ABS. I just used the OEM clutch cable when I installed the new handlebars because it was just long enough to reach with the 10" apes.. This morning my clutch cable broke and I plan on replacing it with a Barnett cable because of all the good reviews. My question is....Should I order the standard length cable from Barnett or would I get a better fit if I ordered a custom cable a couple of inches longer standard length? Wondering if the added cost of the longer custom cable would be worth it if I can get by with the standard length.

All opinions appreciated.

Just long enough is probably what led to your stock cable’s demise. I’d go an inch or two longer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts