Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like the aesthetic of bar end and inverted mirrors. I went to the dealership to see if there was anything like that for my 2019 Chief Dark Horse and they looked at me like I was crazy. Anyone know if there are any potential options out there? Any 3rd party grips that will take a bar end mirror mount?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I don't know of any bar end ones but I bought some mirror extenders off Amazon and they allowed me to invert them.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know of any bar end ones but I bought some mirror extenders off Amazon and they allowed me to invert them.

I saw your post and ended up buying those extenders from Amazon. Question about your setup thoug, are you able to see behind you? No matter ho I set it up I can’t actually use the mirrors to see anything

·
Senior member / gold
6,951 Posts
Check it out. You have to mess with the configuration.

That looks sweet. I might try it with my setup. Here's how it looks now.
I'll put the finished product below this tomorrow. I have flag mounts, so it will be interesting to see if I can still use them.

Well! I tried it! In order to make it work properly, you must use the right mirror on the left side, and vice versa. I liked the look, and its useable, but too much head movement. In the proper, factory position on the mirror extenders, just a quick glance and you know what's around you. No photos though. For me, being an old fart, the "Coolness Factor" has long since disappeared. Riding and knowing what's around me at a quick glance is my priorities. I only have a short, finite time to ride on 2 wheels before age has caught up with me, so I'll stay with the factory-style with my mirrors. Ten or fifteen years ago, I would have gone with "Cool"! Lol!
Ride safe & stay healthy.
Seeya!

·
Senior member / gold
6,951 Posts
That looks sweet. I might try it with my setup. Here's how it looks now.
View attachment 600473 I'll put the finished product below this tomorrow. I have flag mounts, so it will be interesting to see if I can still use them.

Well! I tried it! In order to make it work properly, you must use the right mirror on the left side, and vice versa. I liked the look, and its useable, but too much head movement. In the proper, factory position on the mirror extenders, just a quick glance and you know what's around you. No photos though. For me, being an old fart, the "Coolness Factor" has long since disappeared. Riding and knowing what's around me at a quick glance is my priorities. I only have a short, finite time to ride on 2 wheels before age has caught up with me, so I'll stay with the factory-style with my mirrors. Ten or fifteen years ago, I would have gone with "Cool"! Lol!
Ride safe & stay healthy.
Seeya!
After further thought and an Amazon search, I decided to try the under-grip mount. These are using my normal mirror extenders. I ordered a flatter extender, which should lower the mirrors, so that I can tilt the mirrors properly. If not, Kuryakyn makes an 1 1/2" extender. By the time I'm healed up and ready to ride, I'll have the mirrors set perfectly. Here's what I have right now...

Here is the extender I just ordered from Amazon...

Here are the mirror risers from Kuryakyn, if I need the extra length...

I'll post the finished product when I'm done.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
After further thought and an Amazon search, I decided to try the under-grip mount. These are using my normal mirror extenders. I ordered a flatter extender, which should lower the mirrors, so that I can tilt the mirrors properly. If not, Kuryakyn makes an 1 1/2" extender. By the time I'm healed up and ready to ride, I'll have the mirrors set perfectly. Here's what I have right now...
View attachment 600759
View attachment 600760
Here is the extender I just ordered from Amazon...
View attachment 600761
Here are the mirror risers from Kuryakyn, if I need the extra length...
View attachment 600764
View attachment 600765
I'll post the finished product when I'm done.
I like this idea. I tried using just the extenders from Amazon on the stock Dark Horse Bars and I couldn't get the mirrors to sit right and not get in the way of the clutch/break levers. I think those mirror risers might just do the trick. Looking forward to seeing the finished product

·
Senior member / gold
6,951 Posts
I like this idea. I tried using just the extenders from Amazon on the stock Dark Horse Bars and I couldn't get the mirrors to sit right and not get in the way of the clutch/break levers. I think those mirror risers might just do the trick. Looking forward to seeing the finished product
The risers should be here on Thursday. I'm jumping at the bit to see how it looks.

·
Senior member / gold
6,951 Posts
Well! They came a day early! As sore as I am, I had to rush out and try one out. I am very pleased with the results. They would work perfect for someone with the mini-ape bars.
Here is the clutch side mirror...

As soon as I feel better, I will do the brake side. I think it will go just as good as this side.

·
Senior member / gold
6,951 Posts
I have installed both now. The left side fit perfectly. The right side, I didn't screw in the mirror stem all the way in like the left side. I only screwed it it about 1/2 way in and then locked it in. If they made a 1/2" extension it would be better on the right mirror, it would view a little better. Here you go...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts