Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went on a few indian parts sites. I wanted the 12v outlet in saddlebags, but the $14.xx cost after shipping ,tax is like close to 30 bux?..options are appreciated..can I use aftermarket weatherproof 12v with cover?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I went on a few indian parts sites. I wanted the 12v outlet in saddlebags, but the $14.xx cost after shipping ,tax is like close to 30 bux?..options are appreciated..can I use aftermarket weatherproof 12v with cover?
Thanks
Did you want to add a power outlet to the one bag that doesn’t have one? If you order one through the dealer you won’t have to pay shipping.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
61 Posts
The apostle Paul once said Count all hardships as blessings or at least close to it. Those words still ring true today when buying parts for your bike. $30 is chump change to get what you want, count it as a blessing

·
Silver member
4,987 Posts
You should have the outlet in your bags already. It up near the lockset underneath that mesh hinge cover thing...

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok took a look..no outlets on base..only on right bag is a rubber grommet to install 12v outlet..thats it..nothing on left side.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I took apart my bags from my wrecked '16 springfield and when removing the saddle bag socket noticed it's nothing special. If you could find the diameter of the hole you should be able to find one to fit. All it does is push in, no locking collar or anything, then there is only 2 female spade connectors on the outside no special plug at all. At least on my '16 anyway, yours may be different.

·
Silver member
4,987 Posts
Did you open to grommet and look inside? They have a cover on the plug to protect the plug when not in use.

·
Registered
47 Posts
This is what I installed in mine.. works great for me.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is what I installed in mine.. works great for me.

Haha me too. Lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts