Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can i find bag spacers to fill the gap between rear finder and bags with factory paint dark horse sandstone

·
Registered
96 Posts
Where can i find bag spacers to fill the gap between rear finder and bags with factory paint dark horse sandstone
I asked about those when I bought my bike in Feb 2020, and have never seen them available. If you check with CCP you will see they only have the Limited colors listed. The Sandstone Smoke uses paint code P-773. For example a right side lower would be part number 5457574-773. A search on Indian's site for that number comes up empty.
There is a work around if you don't want to wait for Polaris to offer them. The newer Chieftains and the Challenger share those parts. I never saw all the parts available, even for the Limited, so I started looking for Chieftain parts instead. I found a set of black used Chieftain lowers on eBay and they came with all the hardware. I could not find any used uppers so I checked Indian's site to see which color uppers they had in stock and went to Cheap Cycle Parts and ordered them there, along with new foam strips for where the pieces meet the fender. I took my used black lowers and new Dragon Green uppers to my local painter. I took a couple tries before he got it right.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
235 Posts
That’s so pretty!! If you don’t mind sayin, how much was everything all together? It looks awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
96 Posts
Thanks! I get a lot of compliments from people when they see my bike for the first time. Most bikes around me are HD and we don't see many Indians at all. Several people have told me Indian really did this bike right with the rear fillers. I don't tell them it was actually partially my doing, but I do think this bike should have come this way. At the very least they should have offered it as an option, and had the painted parts in stock. Being that Sandstone Smoke is only on the 2020s, I doubt that Polaris is making that color paint any kind of priority right now. My dealer spent 20 minutes on the phone with Polaris just to get a part number for the $250 Sandstone paint kit, that still is not available.
When I add up all the pieces I have close to $700 in it. What I saved on buying used parts was offset by the painting. That's about what I figured it would cost at CCP if the parts ever become available. I don't think I saved a whole lot of money, but I got the bike the way I want it.
The matte paint is a little tricky to match. This is the first attempt after using a camera to get it right. I took one of my side covers over to the shop's paint supplier and they were able to get it right after a few adjustments.

Car Hood Vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting

1 - 5 of 5 Posts