Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd swear I've seen both numbers. For those fortunate enough to have your Scout, which number is it? Thanks.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,027 Posts
One and only Scout in Switzerland so far reads est. 1901.
Hope they all be like that
Agreed. I hope that the Scout on the German website is just a pre-production, dumb marketing badge. Personally, I wish it were blank, there is way too much badging on this bike as it is. But supersizing motor displacement is completely bogus.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Mine shows #1 LOL :D:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I'd swear I've seen both numbers. For those fortunate enough to have your Scout, which number is it? Thanks.
I was at Hernley when 2 Scouts arrived for show. Out of the trailer, they had 1200 on them. The dealer had been waiting with new plates and the 1200 was quickly replaced with est 1901.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Other than nostalgia for the Indian est. date, is there any meaning behind the 1901 badges? I overheard that they symbolize a "special/limited edition" bike--any fact behind this theory?

·
Senior member / gold
6,220 Posts
1901 for the Burtland (New Zealand ) bikes. If it had 1200 on it and is a preproduction bike it should have, according the dealer sales guy, gone back to the States for destruction.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Other than nostalgia for the Indian est. date, is there any meaning behind the 1901 badges? I overheard that they symbolize a "special/limited edition" bike--any fact behind this theory?
No! That was for the first 1901 Chiefs/Chieftains built, nothing to do with the Scout.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts