Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to get on my bike ('15 Scout) the other day and saw a stain of oil underneath.
While it looked bad, turns out it was run off from one point. I believe the spot it's coming from is the oil pressure switch, located towards the bottom of the engine block just behind the radiator hose.
Wednesday is the earliest I can get it dealt with, and I'm also getting my 10,000 mile service at the same time.
Second pic shows the piece. Site wouldn't let me upload the video of the drip.
This is just a heads up for anyone who might see the same thing. (Hopefully this won't be a recurring issue!)
20200521_062406.jpg 20200521_115812.jpg

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
That's a lot of oil for a new leak, the thing must have let go with a vengeance.

For videos you need to upload to another site like Youtube and link to it here.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a lot of oil for a new leak, the thing must have let go with a vengeance.

For videos you need to upload to another site like Youtube and link to it here.
I wigged out when I went to the garage to suit up. Day before, dry as a bone. That day, soaked.
Thanks for the tip on the video. Here it is

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
That's a major leak and it looks like the unit itself has given way and not just the seal. If it was the sealing gasket it would be running out the other side of the hex nut.

I imagine at 5 years old the bike is no longer under any warranty and you'll be paying for the fix. I wouldn't want to ride more than a few miles with the leak so it might be better to buy the new sensor and put it in at home. $30 at partshark.com

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update - previous owner had the extended warranty. Dealer shop took one look at the drip and said it was covered.
Took em three days to get the part, but now it's changed and the 10,000 mile service is done. Woohoo!
Shop said the seal between the copper and plastic just failed.
Here's the new one, happily in place.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts