Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone out there experienced back orders for the new 2015 models? I ordered $1700.00 worth of stuff when I ordered my bike and only the cover has arrived. I can't blame the dealer-no parts seem to be in stock.

·
Super Moderator
4,887 Posts
Yes, there are back orders for factory accessories across the board as per my dealer, regardless if it's a '14 or '15.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
These delays remind me of the days Honda cataloged accessories for their "road" bikes, but the dealers never seemed to have any luck ordering and receiving them. I frequently ordered accessories from the UK to avoid the delays. Of course that isn't possible with our Indians. I suspect Indians product planners either underestimated the demand or they are having supplier problems. Maybe this situation will improve quickly?

·
Registered
478 Posts
I've had to wait for just about everything I've ever ordered for my bike. Been waiting damn near two months for the new A/C. Every week I get set off, supposed to have been here the 19th, now they say the 26th. I doubt it'll be here then... Had a spanner wrench ordered for 3 weeks now.

·
Registered
27 Posts
same hear been waiting for the passenger back rest for like 2 months this sucks i wont to install my bossbag....

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you need Springfield Blue touch-up paint it will take months to get........:( Still do not have it.
Most of my other stuff came within a few weeks...coat, helmet & backrest. Other items were on-hand at dealership.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm picking up a '15 this week and several parts including passenger backrest are on back order. Dealer thinks they should be in mid-month but isn't making any promises.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts