Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After recently having a Stage 2 cam kit put in my bike I've been having an issue where on startup the bike backfires or coughs back through the intake. The bike also at times exhibits a dragging start. Could this be a timing issue? I have a pvcx with a DJT tune and I'm running Vance and Hines slip ons with Indian Stage 1 breather.

·
Registered
896 Posts
What's your timing correction doing when you're having these issues?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
I had this chronic problem with my 116 install... very noisy intake and it frequently would cough back through the intake and stall. We tried to tune it out, with some success. Ultimately the culprit was found when we tore down the engine for other work. Both intake runners were loose at the rubber adapters at intake ports.

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
I had this very issue when I was at stage 2. Dealer adjusted the tune. I do not have a fuel controller. Im on to 116 BBK now.

D

·
Registered
304 Posts
My 16 was exhibiting similar symptoms. The popping I heard was basically in the cold temps when that occurred but the dragging starter was all the time. The dealer replaced the starter and fixed the dragging. If the starter isn't spinning like it should it could cause all kinds of popping and such with these engines. I even replaced the battery thinking that was the issue...it wasn't. Waiting for the colder temps to see how it's going to do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts