Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're headed to Baja in a few weeks, started preparations by testing equipment, apparel and GoPro. North Texas with its backroads and dirt roads, and 100+ heat provided pretty good test runs today.

image.jpg

·
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Two mounting locations for the GoPro, engine guards and solo rack. Power to both locations so we can run the lcd screen. Don't forget the tether.

image.jpg
image.jpg

·
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A Shoei GT-Air helmet pimped out by Sean Starr. As close to a perfect helmet as they get. Ordered the Sena package for it.

image.jpg

·
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Partial equipment. Vanson waxed cotton pants made for us, and in our store in a few weeks. Kevlar underpants with extra pads on hips and knees by Draggin. Icon boots, which will be Madmaxed at some point (metal plates on shin and ankle and more ventilation). Our TunaSkin performance shirt. Perforated leather gloves by Vanson. Rest Patagonia.

image.jpg

·
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys. Tshirts are fine, but what we really hope to do, as riders, is to find and make stuff to make our rides safe and comfortable, especially in heat. And it has to look good.

·
Banned
3,888 Posts
There is something intimate about riding on dirt/gravel roads. Just by virtue of the riding conditions the rider has to be more aware of the surroundings they are going through. It's a taste of the way Indian riders rode back in the day.

·
6,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There is something intimate about riding on dirt/gravel roads. Just by virtue of the riding conditions the rider has to be more aware of the surroundings they are going through. It's a taste of the way Indian riders rode back in the day.
Funny you mention it now. Our shop and Triumph is going to be featured in some Euro magazine this summer, and we decide to shoot it on gravel roads. Shooting in a couple of weeks, I'll post picture here.

·
Banned
3,888 Posts
Funny you mention it now. Our shop and Triumph is going to be featured in some Euro magazine this summer, and we decide to shoot it on gravel roads. Shooting in a couple of weeks, I'll post picture here.
I am looking forward to seeing it Meggie.

·
Registered
5,677 Posts
I have 3 miles of gravel to ride everytime I go out. Because of that I decided one of the best things I could do to help was to put a front mud flap on to protect the oil filter that's sticking out there just waiting to get a hole poked in it. Do not regret it one bit. Almost no sign I ride gravel roads. I do see dings well under the bike but nothing right there behind that front wheel. So if you are looking for a product, there's one that Indian sells that will be hard to beat. Not sure leather is the right choice for such a product but that's what is available right now that actually functions besides looking pretty good.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts