Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After months of waiting finely got my drivers back rest. BUT when I opened the box to my surprise it has the 2014 leather on it and it doesn't match my seat at all. called the dealer and he says its the only one they make. Did anyone get a new backrest in the 2015 leather? or is the dealer trying to B/S me.!!!!

·
4,503 Posts
I'm still waiting on mine so we shall see.

·
3,418 Posts
After months of waiting finely got my drivers back rest. BUT when I opened the box to my surprise it has the 2014 leather on it and it doesn't match my seat at all. called the dealer and he says its the only one they make. Did anyone get a new backrest in the 2015 leather? or is the dealer trying to B/S me.!!!!

Still waiting for mine also. I smell a faint amount of BS in the air. Dean E

·
Registered
154 Posts
Mine is Supposed to be at the dealer on the 26th of this month. I think we All hope that they match our seats. If I were you I wouldn't accept it if it wasn't what you are happy with. You wouldn't accept a new car having different colored front and rear seats so don't accept the backrest. We spent the money on a Premium bike and should not have to "settle" for anything!!!

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
Indian does make pads in the new desert tan color for the 2015's, availability is low however. If the dealer is telling you that all they make is the distressed leather for the 2014's, their not telling you the truth.

·
Registered
166 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
I've had my 2015 tan leather version on order since I bought the Vintage 2-1/2 months ago. It was supposed to take a month, then rescheduled to late December, and now has been rescheduled to late January. I'm a patient man, but I'm beginning to get frustrated. I received my "please take our survey" card in the mail today, so went online and completed the survey just now. Needless to say, I pontificated on the lack of availability of accessory products, not that it will affect anything.

Steve

·
4,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
B.S. brother. Here is the 2015 accessory catalog from Indian motorcycles website. And on page 16 you can see the part number for the drivers backrest in "desert tan".
http://polaris.hs.llnwd.net/o40/archive/ind/2015/brochures/indian-accessory-2015.pdf
Wrexhavak I went to the page you stated and they did have the desert tan leather but it has no stiching on it and the leather is a solid color without the two tone finish and way lighter than the seat finish. you would think for $400 dollars you would get a backrest that would match the rest of the seat.

·
Registered
55 Posts
How do you ruin a great experience? Just BS the owner. I am not blaming my dealer but my goodness( good choice of word) I ordered my Roadmaster in August and took delivery in October. No backrest that I paid for up front. It's 2015 an yes I am pissed. WTH?

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
How do you ruin a great experience? Just BS the owner. I am not blaming my dealer but my goodness( good choice of word) I ordered my Roadmaster in August and took delivery in October. No backrest that I paid for up front. It's 2015 an yes I am pissed. WTH?
Wow ! Same here, ordered aug, got bike oct and no paid for back rest. My dealer tried the same as what happened to the OP. cept I kept it, called em on it, now using the wrong one till mine comes in,it might take a while, but you hardly notice the distressed tan is so close. I have to give them back the wrong one when mine comes in, but I'm keeping it till then.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I too ordered my Roadmaster in Aug. and received it Oct. 1st but the rider backrest was not in. I just called my dealer today and they could not predict when it will arrive. They offered me a backrest I could borrow if I have a trip planned but it is frigid cold & snow here in Wisconsin so I am hoping my backrest will arrive by springtime.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I was told the ship date is January 29.
Yeah, I was told about the same. Of course, that's about the third re-scheduled shipment so far......

Steve

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
I too ordered my Roadmaster in Aug. and received it Oct. 1st but the rider backrest was not in. I just called my dealer today and they could not predict when it will arrive. They offered me a backrest I could borrow if I have a trip planned but it is frigid cold & snow here in Wisconsin so I am hoping my backrest will arrive by springtime.
Delivered by pony express when the snow is gone.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I bought my backrest when I bought the bike. It's a faded brown. Doesn't match the seat. I didn't know there was a different one. I'll be talking to the dealer next week about this.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just for the record. Are you out there Ma *****? Still do not have backrest. Still have no date. Ordered August 2014( important to put the year now) Got bike October. It's Jan 2015. WTH? 30K purchase. WTH? Some one from ***** Central should bring it to my shop In TN and stick it on the bike, and buy me dinner and cold drink. OK, settle for the cold drink. Love the bike but I take people, dealers, and companies at their word. Based on this I would NOT recommend any ***** purchase unless all items were on it before it went out the door. If you do not have the product do not put it on the market.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Got back from the dealer the other day.. yes I have the older faded backrest. They said I can keep it until the new ones come in then exchange it. Awesome. I like that.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Post onto the FB page, I kinda got a response, The same day, saying they needed more facts, sent em, I'm going to post there every day, untill some thing happens.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts