Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As many here know, I'm a little bit of performance/feature/adjustment junky.
I have mentioned my dismay to that aspect when it come to a lack of features when it comes to American bikes.. so many completely overlook this, many forget to realize that often, performance bits can when used differently can also mean comfort and flexibility.. since every bike I've owned for half the price from other nations have allowed me to adjust my suspension, I thought it was time to get these elementary features on my upscale US machine.. so, I went to my US machines and made some US parts for my US bike.
prototypes done.
Now it's it's time to test and further development.
I'm thinking about bringing this to market depending on interest.
Light Automotive lighting Headlamp Water Auto part Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Light Auto part Vehicle

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
Pretty awesome Hatt, next step could be to put a Schrader valve in the same place? :)
Maybe even with an equalizer tube between the tubes? ;)

I did a 6 cylinder CBX Honda and it worked fine!

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pretty awesome Hatt, next step could be to put a Schrader valve in the same place? :)
Maybe even with an equalizer tube between the tubes? ;)

I did a 6 cylinder CBX Honda and it worked fine!
Thanks RB,, Tho, I'm not huge fan of air pre-load, (need a pump, bleeds down, harder on seals) and prefer the simple a coin will do adjustment ability, I did make the adjustment barrel bore a common size, so it's entirely possible in the future.

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
Thanks RB,, Tho, I'm not huge fan of air pre-load, (need a pump, bleeds down, harder on seals) and prefer the simple a coin will do adjustment ability, I did make the adjustment barrel bore a common size, so it's entirely possible in the future.
Have you found that you have ample adjustment to make a difference in your ride?
I'm really interested and need a price if your selling.

·
Bronze member
2,011 Posts
Innovative. Any idea yet how much of a change in ride feel is, with the amount of adjustment you've added there? (ha, yeah, I'm slow in writing and posting my messages. Seeing RBinTEX now).

The early models of my old Yamaha had air adjustment Schrader valve, always wondered how much of a difference that would have been because the Progressive (brand) fork springs I put in seemed to stiffen the front end too much.

Reactions: Hatt

·
Untilted.
456 Posts
Does it come in black?

Reactions: mgen

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I hadn't had it on the road yet however, they have about 7/8 of an inch of adjustment throw.
I trimmed my current spacers .35 (I have DS setup in front) so that I'm able to set sags for my 120 lb lady (don't tell her i went public with that info or this project ends as my life does) and also for my weight and far above.. so in short, yes.
Anyone with "to stiff of a suspension" (not common) will have to trim spacers since I used the stock caps for dimensions.. so, at full soft setting, these will preserve their current setting by switching to these.
I did this to open the doors to anyone's current set up. Ie stock, and custom. I'm still working out how much is ideal to trim off (if any because stock is to soft) stock spacers For maximum adjustment threshold.
I'm still working out coatings/colors, and other costs, but at this point I'd figure I will have to get between 125-150 for a set.. which is chump change for what they will bring even a stock bike. But, that price is if I'm able to get some interest, you know, volumes...

·
Silver member
4,707 Posts
As many here know, I'm a little bit of performance/feature/adjustment junky.
I have mentioned my dismay to that aspect when it come to a lack of features when it comes to American bikes.. so many completely overlook this, many forget to realize that often, performance bits can when used differently can also mean comfort and flexibility.. since every bike I've owned for half the price from other nations have allowed me to adjust my suspension, I thought it was time to get these elementary features on my upscale US machine.. so, I went to my US machines and made some US parts for my US bike.
prototypes done.
Now it's it's time to test and further development.
I'm thinking about bringing this to market depending on interest.
Very nice job there!

I miss my good old American iron Bridgeport and lathe.....they bought my Roadmaster!

·
Untilted.
456 Posts
"The color of your soul" will no doubt be one of the colors I make available.;):p however, the adjustment barrels will likely stay polished to show off it's technical ability regardless of cap color.
I honestly don't know what this is, or what it does. I just want it in black.

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Very nice job there!

I miss my good old American iron Bridgeport and lathe.....they bought my Roadmaster!
I've got one of those in the back of the shop!! Use that thing all the time for on the fly reworks..
I used a Miltronics for this project however.

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I honestly don't know what this is, or what it does. I just want it in black.
You stated on another post you stated "black,, to match the color of your soul".
So yes, you will be able to adjust your front suspension according to road/load/ or ride desire and do so in black. :)

·
Silver member
4,707 Posts
I've got one of those in the back of the shop!! Use that thing all the time for on the fly reworks..
I used a Miltronics for this project however.
You have a well equipped shop and great skills. I personally believe there is a market for high quality components like this.

·
Untilted.
456 Posts
You stated on another post you stated "black,, to match the color of your soul".
So yes, you will be able to adjust your front suspension according to road/load/ or ride desire and do so in black. :)
Oh nice. Mine are stock, and set whatever they left the dealership as.

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You have a well equipped shop and great skills. I personally believe there is a market for high quality components like this.
Thank you sir!
I'd love to says it's my shop,, truth is, I have great folks that let me use theirs. (Work):cool:

·
Untilted.
456 Posts
Which is to soft for me, and to soft for you!
I had them change the rear shocks, and set them for how much I weighed back in november, 280lbs, and it they worked great. I didn't do that on my 60, and I was bottoming out a ton. Now I'm down to 251~ and they work even better. I honestly don't know why people hate the 2015-2016 stock shocks, but at the same time I have no baseline other bike for comparison.

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I had them change the rear shocks, and set them for how much I weighed back in november, 280lbs, and it they worked great. I didn't do that on my 60, and I was bottoming out a ton. Now I'm down to 251~ and they work even better. I honestly don't know why people hate the 2015-2016 stock shocks, but at the same time I have no baseline other bike for comparison.
Because they are way underdamped with no adjustment, and way over sprung.. tho, at your weight, may not have been a much of a factor.. for my weight (210) I both topped out, and bottomed out, sometimes both in the same bump! Thwack! Slam! Was the noise that would make.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts